Hypertherm, Inc. Applications Engineer - CAM in Lockport, New York
CURRENT ASSOCIATES OR TEMPORARY ASSOCIATES: Please apply via your internal Workday career account.
Hypertherm is seeking an Applications Engineer to support the CAM Solutions business team to create, standardize, and maintain our software to match specific industrial cutting machines for all CAM Solution products globally. As an Applications Engineer, you will conduct field trials for new products and features, assist customers with setup of advanced applications, and provide input into future software product development.
Our CAM Solutions software helps global manufacturers increase material savings, boost productivity, lower operating costs, and improve part quality by offering the highest level of experience. Doing all this while cutting with plasma, laser, waterjet, and oxyfuel applications. With 50 years of experience and close to 500 global patents, Hypertherm dedicates more resources to industrial cutting research, development, and testing than any other manufacturer in the world. We have always taken a leadership role and innovation remains a cornerstone of our business.
Sound interesting? Join us and be a part of the future of industrial cutting optimization!
To be considered, you must have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering with the following:
* Experience with C# or other .Net language
* Experience with modular programming
* Enjoy working with other people in engineering and non-engineering fields to understand and resolve problems. Striving to understand customer need throughout the product design process
* Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office
* Ability to communicate complex information in a succinct and straightforward manner
* Ability to create and teach technical material
* Highly organized, self-motivated with the ability to work within a team environment of remote associates
* Fluent in English
* Strong 3D math skills
* Experience in cutting/sheet metal industry
* Experience with nesting software and post processors
* VB programming in Excel and scripting languages or CNC code knowledge
* Experience extracting data from relational database engines
* Ability to excel in a collaborative Scrum/Agile environment using Agile software development practices and resources (Bitbucket, Sourcetree, Jira, Git)
Location: Lockport, New York or Home-based.
Some of the benefits you can expect with a career at Hypertherm:
* Global, 100% employee-owned company for over 50 years
* Profit Sharing
* Employee Stock Ownership (ESOP)
* 4 days/year Community Service Time
* Strong commitment to Environmental Stewardship
* Stable, growing organization with a no-layoff philosophy