Lockheed Martin Systems Engineering Senior Manager in Littleton, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
The Navigation Systems mission area within the Military Space line of business is currently executing a multi-vehicle production run on the GPS III contract, starting a follow-on production (GPS IIIF) contract to continue the production line with an evolved system and missions, and developing plans to build on this foundation by growing beyond its historical products and customers. This position will manage the Systems Integration and Test (SIT) organization for Nav Systems.
• The SIT team defines, documents and validates external interfaces, including space-to-ground and launch vehicle integration, manages the development and delivery of Space Vehicle simulators, develops system-level test plans, provides engineering special discipline support, including information assurance and cyber security, and manages the program technical baseline.
• The successful candidate will be responsible for all personnel decisions of the SIT organization, ensure that scope is executed with cost/schedule/technical success, manage the development and performance assessments of your staff, and interpret, tailor and execute policies and procedures that affect organizational performance.
Typically has 20 - 30+ years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
•Paid time off
•Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
• Satellite system-level test and verification experience
• Experience developing and/or validating interface control documents for space systems
• Experience in Space-Ground integration
• Control Account Management and Earned Value Management experience
• Leadership skills and behaviors that align with Full Spectrum Leadership imperatives
• Leadership of high performance teams to meet program commitments
• Demonstrated successful team/relationship building skills across multiple organizational boundaries
• Software life cycle experience
• Experience in complex system of systems architecture definition and system development
• Experience in managing cybersecurity / information assurance efforts
• Demonstrated ability to interface and communicate with customers, peers and leadership
• Experience in technical problem resolution
• Strong history of mentoring
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.