Cognosante Junior Business Analyst in Little Rock, Arkansas
Location: Little Rock, AR
Travel: 100% onsite
Remote work option: No
The Junior Business Analyst will be part of a larger team that supports a Cognosante Project Management Office (PMO), Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V), Quality Assurance (QA), or other large Healthcare project. This position provides support for the entire project team while developing the skills necessary to move towards a Business Analyst or Project Coordinator role. The JBA may assist leadership across the business unit. Individual will follow a nationally recognized business analyst training and certification program.
Additional duties include:
- Coordinate meetings, including distribution of meeting agendas and meeting minutes
- Assist team members documenting meeting minutes and action items
- Support reporting requirements and timelines
- Assist with gathering and development of reports for distribution and presentations
- Assist with development of deliverables
- Learn and manage SharePoint portal
- Interview process owners and assist in development of process flows
- Develop requirements documentation
- Learn to translate requirements into functional design
- Learn to develop and execute test cases
- Research and assess software products
- Assist with project schedule information
- Represent Cognosante internally and externally as needed
- Looks for guidance from more senior business analysts, technical analysts, and/or managers to ensure her/his work is complete
Employee is expected to undertake any additional duties as they are assigned by their Manager
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum two years of experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Some experience in healthcare industry
Candidates that do not meet the required qualifications will not be considered.
- Ability to prioritize work load, work independently and manage work to defined schedules
- Interest in learning
- Consistent, dependable performer with an excellent work ethic, flexible "can-do" attitude, and a results-driven commitment to success
- Good interpersonal, consultative, organizational and facilitation skills
- Solid analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented and committed to a high level of accuracy
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Team player
- Be on client site 100% of the time (or as required)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Cognosante’s Consulting Services has been helping states implement and manage the complex health and human services (HHS) programs for 27 years. CCS supports implementation and management of MMIS, Integrated Eligibility, Behavioral Health, Child Welfare and Women Infants and Children (WIC) systems. Our consultants understand the business of health and human services and support state and federal agencies to plan, design, develop, implement, operate and enhance their information systems to increase efficiency, effectiveness, accessibility and responsiveness and protect and promote the health, safety and well-being of the citizens they serve.
We’re on a mission to transform our country’s healthcare system.
Each of our 1,700+ colleagues across the United States plays a role in transforming the lives of millions of Americans. This mission drives us - and it adds meaning to what we do, each and every day. Our passion for serving public health programs, and for engaging consumers more directly with the healthcare system, runs deep.
Passion for what we do. Pride in how we do it.
Cognosante was founded to address a critical gap in the health IT market – the need for a smart, nimble company, unencumbered by legacy systems and unafraid to challenge accepted wisdom. Experience grounds us; innovation drives us. For almost 30 years, we’ve worked to find progressive solutions to complex problems.
We help state Medicaid agencies navigate healthcare reform. We provide community-based assistance to Americans as they enroll in healthcare coverage. And we dream of, design, and develop IT solutions meant to disrupt the status quo and connect the dots between patients, plans, providers, and payers. We are the best minds on health - and we’re looking to grow our team.
Are you ready to make a difference in the lives of millions? Join us.
Highlighted Benefits for Full-time Employees
•Medical • Dental • Vision • 401k • Flexible Spending Accounts • Paid Time Off • Work/Life Solutions • Pet Insurance
C ognosante is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. Cognosante is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call 703-206-6015 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.