Northrop Grumman Principal Linux Systems Administrator in Linthicum, Maryland
Northrop Grumman Enterprise Services is seeking a well-qualified Linux Systems Administrator to join its dynamic team of technical professionals in the Linthicum, MD area. Roles and responsibilities will include:
• Perform primarily as a Linux Systems Administrator for a classified government contract.
• Perform some Windows Systems Administrator duties as required for a classified government contract.
• Communicate effectively at all levels of the organization, with internal and external customers, in written and oral format.
• Maintain smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network, software, and system engineers, PC desktop technicians, project managers, end users, and customer and IT management.
• Support multiple networks; ensure necessary administration tasks are completed; direct others as necessary.
• Analyze internal or external customer requirements and determine equipment and software requirements for solutions to problems by means of automated systems.
• Recommend and implement system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system including installing, upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration management.
• Provide backup and recovery services; manage file systems and disk space; manage virus protection on a routine basis.
• Create and maintain user and computer accounts and modify file permissions and security access lists.
• Test new releases of products to ensure compatibility and minimize user impact.
• Develop and document technical processes and procedures as needed.
• Make recommendations to purchase hardware, software, and system components.
• Interact, meet, discuss, and troubleshoot issues with vendors; evaluate vendor products, services, and suggestions.
• Adhere to strict Information Systems security guidelines in all cases.
• Maintain security audit and logging information on all classified networked and standalone computers as directed by the Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM).
• Prepare security documentation for input to Computer Security.
• Report project status as required for all recurring and non-recurring efforts.
• Work under minimal direction and independently determine and develop approach to solutions.
• Travel to customer locations or other Northrop Grumman facilities to deploy, test and/or troubleshoot computer systems.
• Coordinate plans of action & activities with peer administrators, security teams, other Northrop employees, and customer representatives.
Job Category : Information Technology
- Northrop Grumman Jobs