Belcan Lead Structural Engineer in Lexington, Kentucky
Lead Structural Engineer
Job Number: 288206
Category: ENG - Design SBU
Description: A Lead Structural Engineering job in Lexington, KY is currently available at Belcan. This job is a full-time direct position with benefits. To be considered for this role, you will need a bachelor’s degree with 5 to 10 years of experience. In this role you will evaluate a wide variety of component designs utilizing advanced analytical and CAD tools. This includes turbo machinery components, mechanical systems & controls, and tooling & instrumentation within the aerospace industry.
Lead Structural Engineer job duties:
• Proposed rework/repair design solutions to aircraft manufacturing discrepancies
• Perform detailed sizing and static stress, fatigue and damage tolerance analysis of engineering detailed parts and assemblies
• Extract and utilize finite element analysis internal loads data
• Produce stress finite element models to support sizing and structural analysis
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering from a four-year accredited intuition.
• Five to ten plus years of structural analysis experience is required
• Experience evaluating stress and life of parts under vibration and fatigue loading
• Experience using FEA tools (ANSYS or PATRAN/NASTRAN preferred)
• Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with a wide variety of internal stakeholders and external clients.
• Due to the nature of the work, U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Residence is required
Desired experiences and skills include:
• NASGRO experience
• Vibration testing experience
• Experience with gas turbine components
If you are interested in this Lead Structural Engineering job in Lexington, KY please apply via the “apply now” link provided. As an employee with Belcan Engineering, you will be part of one of the largest engineering firms in the United States. We maintain a small-company atmosphere as well as open communication at all levels of our organization, allowing for much more dynamic decision-making processes. We offer flexible schedules as well as an excellent mentoring system to ensure that you have all of the knowledge and tools you need to meet a diverse range of engineering challenges. You will also have opportunities to advance to positions of greater responsibility, including management roles. Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Belcan is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/D/V
Build a challenging and rewarding career with an industry leader!
Location: Lexington , KY
Minimum Experience (yrs): 5-10 years
Required Education: Bachelor (BA, BS...)
Return to search results Email this job to a friend
If you have previously registered with us, pleaseLog into apply for this position.
*Logged in members may also add jobs to their job cart