Argonne National Laboratory Principal HPC Systems Administration Specialist - File Systems (PT3/PT4) in Lemont, Illinois
Principal HPC Systems Administration Specialist - File Systems (PT3/PT4)
Requisition Number: 406967 Location: Lemont, IL
Functional Area: Information Technology Division: LCF-Leadership Computing Facility
Employment Category: Regular Shift: 8:30 - 5:00
Level (Grade): PT3 Share: Facebook LinkedIn Twitter
The selected individual will participate in the operation, administration, and maintenance of file systems for the supercomputing resources of the Argonne Leadership Computing Facility (ALCF). This includes some of the largest (10s-100s of PB) and fastest (100s-1000s of GB/s) parallel files systems in the world. For the home file system, stability and robustness to failure are paramount. For the parallel file system, performance is the critical demand. Coordinates with the other storage and operations team members for system administration duties. Appointee will participate in the design and planning for future machine upgrades (every 3–5 years), as well as investigate improved/novel approaches for providing file system and disk storage services. This position also includes SAN hardware responsibilities.
- Expertise in installation, management and use of software such as compilers, scientific applications, and job resource managers.
- Knowledge and expertise in UNIX systems administration, with emphasis on LINUX.
- Comprehensive knowledge and expertise in installing, configuring, tuning, and supporting Lustre file systems.
- Knowledge of systems administration tools and languages such as Perl, Python, C, PHP, and shell scripts.
- Comprehensive knowledge and expertise in SAN and related technologies.
- Comprehensive problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of networked, parallel and cluster file systems such as NFS, PVFS, Lustre, and GPFS.
- Comprehensive knowledge of and expertise in Internet resources, facilities, activities, and techniques.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Comprehensive flexibility in dealing with assignments and in working on several projects simultaneously.
PT3 Requirements: Bachelor’s degree and 4+ years of experience or equivalent
PT4 Requirements: Bachelor’s degree and 6+ years of experience or equivalent
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Argonne employees, and certain guest researchers and contractors, are subject to particular restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Talent Recruitment Programs, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1. You will be asked to disclose any such participation in the application phase for review by Argonne’s Legal Department.
Argonne National Laboratory
- Argonne National Laboratory Jobs