Argonne National Laboratory Postdoctoral Researcher in Lemont, Illinois
Requisition Number: 405441 Location: Lemont, IL
Functional Area: Research and Development Division: NST-Nanoscience and Technology
Employment Category: Temporary 6 Months or Greater Education Required: Doctorate Degree
Level (Grade): 700 Shift: 8:30 - 5:00 Share: Facebook LinkedIn Twitter
We invite you to apply for a Postdoctoral Researcher position with our Nanoscience and Technology Division (NST)
In this role you will:
- Use CNM to carry out atomic-scale investigations with ultrahigh vacuum scanning tunneling microscopy of material systems for topological quantum information science.
- Scan tunneling microscopy studies of artificial lattices for quantum information science.
- Publish results in refereed journals and makes oral presentations at meetings conferences, symposia, and seminars.
- Maintain cognizance of available techniques and expertise in related research groups through interactions and collaborative efforts.
- Report on experiment progress, technique development, and new initiatives to peer reviewers and to program managers.
We expect you to have:
- A strong background in materials science and condensed matter physics is preferred.
- Additional expertise in scanning tunneling microscopy and knowledge of quantum information science is beneficial. Excellent written and oral communications, and data analysis skills.
- Strong skills in collaboration and ability to work in an interdisciplinary environment.
To be eligible, candidates must have completed their Ph.D. within the last three years.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.