Argonne National Laboratory Lead Water Strategist in Lemont, Illinois
Lead Water Strategist
Requisition Number: 405438 Location: Lemont, IL
Functional Area: Research and Development Division: PSE-Physical Sciences and Engineering
Employment Category: Regular Shift: 8:30 - 5:00
Level (Grade): RDL1 Share: Facebook LinkedIn Twitter
Argonne National Laboratory invites applications for a senior scientist or engineer to serve as the strategic lead for a growing program in the area of Materials and Manufacturing for Water. Areas of interest include, but are not limited to, membranes, sorbents, catalysis, separations, water harvesting, and interfacial engineering.
An appointment will be made in the Physical Sciences and Engineering Directorate at a rank commensurate with experience. Candidates must have a doctoral degree in a relevant field of study and have an outstanding research leadership and/or program development record. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to establish and maintain a strong research program at Argonne, including coordination and collaboration with scientists and engineers both at Argonne and at the University of Chicago. Joint appointment as a faculty member within the Institute for Molecular Engineering at the University of Chicago will be considered for appropriate candidates.
This description documents the general nature of work but is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all activities, duties and responsibilities required of job incumbent. Consequently, job incumbent may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- A doctoral degree in a relevant field of study and an outstanding research leadership and/or program development record.
- Skills in developing and maintaining effective relationships with a diverse set of programmatic sponsors, influencing future directions and pursuing funding opportunities.
- Knowledge of and recognition in one or more technical areas related to water-energy systems and/or associated programs.
- Skill in decision-making, innovative problem solving, and adapting knowledge to complex situations.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills and the ability to work with all levels of internal and external contacts and to clearly express ideas and achieve desired goals.
The review of the applications will start immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applicants are required to provide a cover letter, curriculum vitae, a list of publications, and a statement of research interests. In addition, candidates are requested to provide the names and contact information for three references, who will be contacted separately for letters of recommendation.
The selected candidate will be placed at the appropriate level (RD4 or RD5) dependent upon depth and breadth of relevant knowledge and skills brought to the position, as well as the amount of relevant experience. The requirements of the various levels are as follows:
- At a RD4 Level: Bachelor's & 12+ yrs, Master's & 7+ yrs or Doctorate & 6+ yrs
- At a RD5 Level: Bachelor's & 15+ yrs, Master's & 12+ yrs or Doctorate & 10+ yrs,
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Argonne National Laboratory
- Argonne National Laboratory Jobs