Ethos Veterinary Health Veterinary Technician- Emergency/ Critical Care in Lebanon, New Hampshire
Small Animal Veterinary Emergency Specialty (SAVES) is looking for a full-time Veterinary Technician for our Emergency and Critical Care Department.
About the Job: As a Veterinary Technician in the Emergency and Critical Care department you will be responsible for:
· Triaging incoming patients and managing clients throughout their visit
· Partner with DVM?s in patient assessment, diagnostics, treatments, and procedures
· Obtaining and processing laboratory samples such as blood, urine, free fluid, and fine needle aspirates.
· Utilize different modalities of imaging for patient assessment
· Executing, monitoring, and recovering all assigned sedation and anesthetic events
· Minimum of 2 year of experience working in a veterinary hospital setting required. Recent graduates with an Associate?s or Bachelor?s degree in Veterinary Technology will be considered; CVT, LVT, or VTS desired but not required.
· Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills that enable them to develop and foster long term positive working relationships with
· Work well independently and in a team environment where colleagues lead by example and hold themselves accountable for quality medicine and customer service.
· Strong computer skills to work with a paperless information system.
· Flexible, cooperative, dependable, responsible, and good time-management skills to work in a fast-pace environment that can be highly stressful at times.
About SAVES: SAVES? mission is to advance the veterinary profession through our leadership in medicine, education, business and promotion of the human-animal bond. We encourage and empower our technicians to utilize their skills, have input into case management and patient care, think critically, work autonomously, further their knowledge and education, and pursue specialty certification if so desired.
Benefits of Working at SAVES: Compensation is based on experience and skill level. Full-time benefits include health with an optional 100% employer paid plan, dental, vision, disability and life insurances, flex-spending accounts, 401(k), Employee Assistance Program, paid time off, uniforms, and a generous CE allowance
Thank you for reading our positing!