House of Blues Cocktail Server - Foundation Room in Las Vegas, Nevada
Who are we?
Live Nation Entertainment is the world’s leading live entertainment and eCommerce company, comprised of four market leaders: Ticketmaster.com, Live Nation Concerts, Artist Nation and Live Nation Network. Ticketmaster.com is the global event ticketing leader and one of the world’s top five eCommerce sites, with over 27 million monthly unique visitors. Live Nation Concerts produces over 22,000 shows annually for more than 2,300 artists globally. Artist Nation is the world’s top artist management company, representing over 250 artists. These businesses power Live Nation Network, the leading provider of entertainment marketing solutions, enabling over 800 advertisers to tap into the 200 million consumers Live Nation delivers annually through its live event and digital platforms. For additional information, visit www.livenation.com/investors.
HOB Entertainment, a division of Live Nation Entertainment, offers exceptional club venues nationwide. House of Blues Venues provide several genres of live music, from Rock, Hip Hop, Country, Rock en Español, Blues, Jazz, Reggae and Pop. House of Blues venues are also known for their southern-style cuisine, juke-joint inspired atmosphere and the World Famous Gospel Brunch.
House of Blues opened its doors on Thanksgiving Day in 1992, serving its first meal to the local shelters. Since opening, House of Blues has been committed to giving back to the community through the International House of Blues Foundation.
Who are you?
Passionate and motivated. Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed. At Live Nation Entertainment, our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you then please read on!
· Serve food and beverages to guests in a nightclub environment with a cheerful attitude.
· Ability to give proper recognition to Foundation Room Members, Live Nation Corporate Executives and VIP’s to instill appreciation for their membership and patronage
· Impeccable knowledge regarding the steps of service for up-scale dining
· Expert confidence in both bottle and wine service skills
· The ability to up-sell and offer food and beverage suggestions to guests
· Extensive aptitude of culinary terms, methods, and up-scale cuisine
· Capacity to guide and direct guests through their dining experience utilizing recommendation and expertise
· Ability to understand and execute flawlessly the standards and procedures of Bottle Service.
· Articulate vocabulary with the ability to adapt and socialize with current audience
· Exemplary and professional grooming standards
· Cash handling experience and Point of Sales System experience
· Strong working knowledge of all beverages
· Ability to deal with intoxicated guests in a positive and safety minded manner
· Ability to anticipate and respond to guests needs
· Suggestively sell beverages and menu items; take orders
· Answer guest questions, make recommendations, up-sell liquors
· Communicate drink orders to bar through Point of Sales system
· Deliver drinks, maneuvering trays through large crowds
· Maintain line of sight/atmosphere control by circulating through your work area throughout shift
· Remove dirty glasses, dishes, ashtrays from tables, including the lifting/moving of bus tubs up to 25lbs.
· Keep tables clean/wiped
· Clean spills, remove food, trash or other obstacles from floor using proper lifting techniques
· Maintain House of Blues safety and sanitation standards
· Follow housekeeping standards per HOB policy
· Keep current on all standard operating procedures
· Request identification from any guest who appears to be under 30 years of age
· Ensure responsible alcohol service per local ordinance alcohol awareness training and HOB alcohol policies
· Recognize when guests are becoming too intoxicated and refuse further service of alcohol in a courteous and safety-minded manner, bringing it to the attention of the manager
· Receive payment and process cash, credit card or Travelers check transactions according to HOB policy
· Ensure that comp and void checks are processed according to HOB policy
· Assist other servers and staff as needed Attend pre-shift meeting conducted by Manager on Duty prior to the start of each shift
· (State or County Licensee or Certification Requirement)/ Responsible Alcohol Awareness Training Certification or Equivalent
· Must have a minimum of 2 years experience serving in a up-scale dining and night life venue
· Working knowledge of high end restaurant operations and safe, responsible alcohol service
· Ability to handle multiple tables at one time efficiently and with an upbeat, friendly attitude; read guests in order to anticipate their needs
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· Must have a flexible schedule
· Must be able to adhere to Dress and Appearance Guidelines
· Flexible schedule and ability to work late hours
· Working Knowledge of cocktail tray service, basic food service, responsible alcohol service, drink recipes and garnishes, point of sales systems
· Ability to deal with intoxicated guests in a positive and safety minded manner
· 2 years bottle service experience
· 3 years work experience interacting with people in a positive environment
· Tolerance of all cultures, music and art forms
· Point of Sales knowledge
· Interest in wines, spirits, and Mixology
· Interest in Night Life
· Cash handling experience
· Experience recognizing valid ID's
· Experience in a live music environment
Physical Demands/Working Environment:
· Working environment is fast-paced and often loud and stressful
· Position requires extended periods of prolonged standing and working on your feet
· Must be able to lift or move up to 25 lbs using proper lifting techniques
If the above description sounds like you and fits your background, apply online at http://www.livenation.com/careers/index.html to join the Live Nation Entertainment team today!
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY Live Nation Entertainment strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
HIRING PRACTICES The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Live Nation Entertainment recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Live Nation Entertainment may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Recognized three years in a row by Great Place to Work® and named one of People Magazine’s top 50 Companies that Care, Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.
We recognize that our most important assets are our employees, the rock stars who keep the live experience going. Generous vacation, healthcare, and retirement benefits are just some of the great perks we offer to support our global workforce of more than 38,000. For any stage in your career, our many unique benefit programs are designed to help you live life to the fullest. We offer student loan repayment to support recent grads, six months of paid caregiver leave to support new parents, perks like Roadie Babies (bring your little ones & a caretaker along with you on work trips) and Music @ Home (stipend to cultivate your little ones’ music interest), and tuition reimbursement to fuel your ongoing professional development. Plus, working for the world's largest live event and ticketing company means you'll have access to free concerts, festivals, sports games, and more through our exclusive employee ticket concierge.
There is no bigger stage for your career. See what your future looks like at Live Nation Entertainment.