House of Blues Chef - Executive in Las Vegas, Nevada
Unity in Diversity
Our team members are as diverse as our music venues. With its owned/operated/managed venues, Live Nation Clubs and Theaters, a division of Live Nation Entertainment, is wide-ranging, including the legendary Fillmore venues and the intimate House of Blues clubs throughout the United States. Live Nation Clubs and Theaters is the country’s preeminent group of intimate music venues, featuring superior sound and lighting technology in one-of-a-kind custom-designed environments aimed to bring fans and artists together in unparalleled musical environments.
Our mission is to create a profitable and principled global entertainment company. To celebrate the diversity and brotherhood of world culture. To promote racial and spiritual harmony through love, peace, truth, righteousness and non-violence. Our venues bring fans as close to artists as possible and our aim is to create teams that are just as close.
Who are you?
Passionate and motivated. Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed. At Live Nation Clubs & Theaters, our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you, then please read on!
The Executive Chef is responsible for all Food & Beverage operations, related costs, procedures, quality, and all back of house labor percentages & budgets. An effective Executive Chef is able to generate revenue, control costs and lead and develop a team.
What You Need:
• Minimum 5 years of kitchen management and fine dining cooking experience in leadership role
• Skilled in cooking, cost controls, management, crew training and development
• Working knowledge of kitchen and dishwashing procedures
• Knowledge of food and beverage, labor and product costs
• Computer savvy – Working knowledge/experience with Excel worksheets, databases, word processing and Micros
• Ability to run all kitchen operations
• Able to lift at least 50 lbs. and stand for long periods of time (10 – 12 hours)
• Tolerant of extreme heat
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced and loud environment
• Knowledge of operations and procedures of a multi-faceted entertainment venue
What You’ll Do:
I. Financial Performance of Department:
• Meet or exceed budgetary expectation
• Control Food, Beverage and Labor costs
• Manage Operating Accounts
• Monitor, maintain and control inventory bi-weekly to House of Blues standards
• Develop menu engineering program to project and monitor trend and predict cost
II. Supervision of the Department:
• Ensure proper execution of all corporate mandates, SOP’s, and specifications
• Assist and support kitchen management in any of their job functions as needed
• Ensure positive and creative team environment within department
• Facilitate open communication with the Sous Chefs, supervisors and staff
• Facilitate proper inter-departmental communications and organization
• Conduct staff evaluations (training, 90-day, annual). Set written development and performance goals for all team members and monitor progress
• Ensure complete and satisfactory on-going staff training per corporate training program
• Maintain appropriate staffing levels. Recruit and hire staff/supervisors and ensure that hiring/disciplinary/termination standards follow all HOB guidelines
• Oversee performance evaluations and raise recommendations to AGM and/or GM
• Maintain open door policy and build strong professional relationships with staff
• Make business decisions that are information based and follow up on efficiently
• Information is gathered, shared and used appropriately
• Hold monthly department meetings to ensure proper communication and teamwork
• Hold individual performance counseling meetings with each Sous Chef and Supervisor on a regular basis
• Hold weekly Kitchen Manager meetings
• Ensure adherence to safety guidelines
III. Build Sales;
• Work with Corporate Food and Beverage to create cost-effective specials and menu changes to achieve maximum sales
• Ensure that bi-annual Restaurant menu roll-out is executed to specifications
• Maintain food quality level that provides excellent value and increases guest visit frequency
• Participate in fundraising events and community appearances to increase House of Blues awareness
IV. Maintain Operation Supplies:
• Ensure that staff has supplies needed to facilitate job
• Provide staff with proper equipment training when hired
• Maintain all equipment
• Organize and plan all events to House of Blues specifications
• Ensure housekeeping standards are compliant with inspection guidelines and Local Health Code
• Utilize House of Blues Back of House tools and systems consistently to use results and data to improve business
• House of Blues specification forms are updated and used to ensure consistency
• V. Maintenance and Update of Micros, Labor Systems and Crunch Time
• Enter employee data in system prior to any work is performed
• Ensure that all employee data is correct in system – job class, current wage data, etc., and that accurate employee file information is maintained
• Maintain and update menu item counts
• Audit and enter employee time card adjustment sheets into labor system for accuracy and tracking
• Uphold food standards per House of Blues specifications. Obtain proper approvals for any changes
• Monitor food portions and provide recommendations for any necessary revisions to Corporate Food and Beverage
• Provide quarterly new menu item recommendations
• Report guest and crew feedback and ensure issue resolution
• Ensure 100% recipe adherence
• Competitive compensation and bonus plans
• Professional career development
• Additional benefits
If the above description sounds like you and fits your background, apply online at http://www.livenation.com/careers/index.html to join the Live Nation Clubs and Theaters team today!
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must be 18 years of age and possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITYLive Nation Entertainment strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
HIRING PRACTICESThe preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Live Nation Entertainment recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Live Nation Entertainment may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Recognized three years in a row by Great Place to Work® and named one of People Magazine’s top 50 Companies that Care, Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.
We recognize that our most important assets are our employees, the rock stars who keep the live experience going. Generous vacation, healthcare, and retirement benefits are just some of the great perks we offer to support our global workforce of more than 38,000. For any stage in your career, our many unique benefit programs are designed to help you live life to the fullest. We offer student loan repayment to support recent grads, six months of paid caregiver leave to support new parents, perks like Roadie Babies (bring your little ones & a caretaker along with you on work trips) and Music @ Home (stipend to cultivate your little ones’ music interest), and tuition reimbursement to fuel your ongoing professional development. Plus, working for the world's largest live event and ticketing company means you'll have access to free concerts, festivals, sports games, and more through our exclusive employee ticket concierge.
There is no bigger stage for your career. See what your future looks like at Live Nation Entertainment.