Republic Services Area Manager Human Resources- Substantial Labor Relations Exp. Needed in Las Vegas, Nevada
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world. Why Work with Us Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2018 Corporate Equality Index.
The Area Human Resources Manager is responsible and accountable for the development, implementation, and administration of all phases of Human Resources at various divisions and operation units of a given geography including, but not limited to: employee relations; labor relations (if applicable to the location); recruiting; employment; staffing; diversity & inclusion; performance management; compensation; benefits; talent management, training and organization development. The Area Human Resources Manager is a business partner with the Area President, General Managers and local managers and functions under the direct supervision of the Area President with dotted line accountability to Region Vice President Human Resources.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Strong business orientation.
• Demonstrated experience in successfully supporting multiple operating locations.
• Knowledge of principles and procedures for recruiting, selection, and training.
• Knowledge of employment law, including FLSA, FMLA, ADA, Title VII, etc.
• Experience in handling investigations and employee relations issues.
• Ability to impact and influence without formal authority.
• Knowledge of a Profit and Loss statement and interpretation of financial results.
• Employee relations experience.
• PHR or SPHR certification.
• Provides human resources advice and consultation to employees and management, to include coaching and counseling on performance management issues, conflict management, and resolution.
• Works closely with the Regional Vice President Human Resources for all matters beyond the scope of basic day-to-day personnel/compliance administration.
• Disseminates, implements, and monitors corporate policies, programs and procedures in the areas of administration, training, compensation, compliance, and benefits to attract, retain, and motivate employees.
• Oversees recording and maintenance of employee information, such as; personal data, compensation, benefits, tax data, attendance, performance reviews or evaluations, disciplinary actions, and terminations.
• Oversees the coordination, implementation and administration of EEO/AA and Diversity Goals and Objectives including affirmative action plan requirements, investigations regarding employee issues, and implementation of diversity strategies.
• Ensures Area compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations relating to equal employment opportunity, affirmative action, unemployment compensations and any other employment-related legislative requirements. Coordinates with Safety Manager regarding workers' compensation, DOT, OSHA and EPA compliance.
• Coordinates with Area operations and Regional Vice President Human Resources to facilitate all employment activity (i.e., hiring, disciplining, terminations, etc.) within the Area.
• Responsible for the local HR/Payroll point of contact personnel's knowledge and ability to advise and educate employees regarding benefits and company policies.
• Provides or directs preparation of statistical data or background data for reports on a regular or as required basis.
• May supervisor direct reports.
• This position requires travel by air, car and/or other modes of transportation for a minimum of 50% of the time.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the company.
• Bachelor's degree
• A minimum of 7 years of directly applicable experience as an Human Resources Generalist or Manager involved in all aspects of human resources.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.