House of Blues Restaurant Server - House of Blues - Disney Springs in Lake Buena Vista, Florida
Title: Server, Restaurant
Location: House of Blues -Orlando
Unity in Diversity
Our team members are as diverse as our music venues. With its owned/operated/managed venues, Live Nation Clubs and Theaters, a division of Live Nation Entertainment, is wide-ranging, including the legendary Fillmore venues and the intimate House of Blues clubs throughout the United States. Live Nation Clubs and Theaters is the country’s preeminent group of intimate music venues, featuring superior sound and lighting technology in one-of-a-kind custom-designed environments aimed to bring fans and artists together in unparalleled musical environments.
Our mission is to create a profitable and principled global entertainment company. To celebrate the diversity and brotherhood of world culture. To promote racial and spiritual harmony through love, peace, truth, righteousness and non-violence. Our venues bring fans as close to artists as possible and our aim is to create teams that are just as close.
Serve food and beverages to guests in a nightclub environment with a cheerful attitude.
What You’ll Need:
· 2-5 years high volume experience in restaurant operations
· Working knowledge of high-volume restaurant operations and safe, responsible alcohol service
· Standard food preparation/presentation
· Skill in guest relations
· Wine & Liquor knowledge
· Experience with Micros
· Experience with Matra and Disney payment options
What You’ll Do:
· Greet all guests at table
· Respond to guest inquiries regarding menu, beer and wine list, and cocktail menu
· Inform guests of daily specials and make recommendations
· Suggestive selling of menu items, beverages, desserts, etc.
· Anticipate and respond to guest needs
· Respond to guest concerns/complaints regarding food or service and correct errors or resolve complaints with a friendly, positive attitude
· Organize and prioritize service per appropriate service sequence
· Take menu, beverage and bar orders from guests and communicate orders to kitchen and/or bar through micros terminal
· Check food orders prior to serving to ensure that they are correct, properly presented, and that special requests have been met
· Deliver food and beverages to table
· Perform opening/running/closing duties according to HOB policy
· Maintain line of sight/atmosphere control by circulating through work area throughout shift
· Have the ability to memorize menus and daily specials
· Pre-bus tables: remove dirty plates, glasses, etc., from table once guest has finished
· Clean spills on tables or around work area
· Maintain HOB safety and sanitation standards
· Prepare guest checks (on Micros terminal) and check for accuracy
· Receive payment and process cash, credit card or traveler’s check transactions
· Process room charge, Disney Gift Card, Disney Rewards Card, and Disney Dining Plan transactions utilizing Matra terminal
· Inform guests of Music Hall shows, retail specials, and other information about the venue
· Assist other servers or other employees as needed
• Competitive compensation and bonus plans
• Professional career development
• Additional benefits
If the above description sounds like you and fits your background, apply online at http://www.livenation.com/careers/index.html to join the Live Nation Clubs and Theaters team today!
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITYLive Nation Entertainment strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
HIRING PRACTICESThe preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Live Nation Entertainment recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Live Nation Entertainment may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
- Live Nation Clubs and Theaters supports military service members, veterans, military spouses, and
Recognized two years in a row by Great Place to Work®, Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. From ground-breaking software to support our world-class platform Ticketmaster, to our mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, to our unparalleled roster of artists supported by diverse professionals in all facets of corporate operations, we offer a world of opportunity and an array of careers across every discipline.
We recognize that our most important assets are our employees, the rock stars who keep the live experience going. Generous vacation, healthcare, and retirement benefits are just some of the great perks we offer to support our full-time, global workforce of more than 21,000. For any stage in your career, our many unique benefit programs are designed to help you live life to the fullest. We offer student loan repayment to support recent grads, six months of paid caregiver leave to support new parents (plus a baby bonus to help with expenses), and tuition reimbursement to fuel your ongoing professional development and career growth. Plus, working for the world's largest live event and ticketing company means you'll have access to concerts, festivals, sports games, and other live events through our exclusive employee ticket concierge.
There is no bigger stage for your career. See what your future looks like at Live Nation Entertainment.