House of Blues Door Host/Security - House of Blues - Disney Springs in Lake Buena Vista, Florida
The Role: We are currently looking for staff to maintain the safety and security of all employees, artists, vendors and guests.
What You’ll Do:
· Ensure guest safety through proactive personal interaction and removing hazards in the area of responsibility
· Prevent and resolve altercations among guests
· Lead guests and other employees in emergency evacuation procedures and provide assistance
· Maintain control by circulating through your work area throughout the shift
· Check identification of any guest who appears to be under 30 years of age who is drinking alcoholic beverages inside the venue
· Ensure that no weapons or harmful items enter the venue by inspecting every guest with a metal detector or pat-down search
· Enforce House policy regarding photos/videos/recording devices
· Safeguard against theft and property damage
· Communicate clearly using radios, hand signals and flashlights. Remain in constant contact throughout the shift
· Set up area before opening (stanchions, table configuring, etc.)
· Keep interior and exterior of the venue clear and safe, cleaning spills and removing food, trash or other obstacles, before, during and after the shift
· Attend pre-shift meeting conducted by Manager on Duty prior to start of each shift
What You’ll Need:
· Ability to work late hours
· Flexible schedule
· 3 years work experience interacting with people in a positive environment
· Read, write and speak English fluently
· Must be able to lift or move up to 25 lbs using proper lifting techniques
· Tolerance of all cultures, music and art forms
· Competitive compensation and bonus plans
· Professional career development
· Additional Benefits
If the above description sounds like you and fits your background, apply online at http://www.livenation.com/careers/index.html to join the Live Nation Clubs and Theaters team today!
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITYLive Nation Entertainment strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
HIRING PRACTICESThe preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Live Nation Entertainment recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Live Nation Entertainment may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Recognized two years in a row by Great Place to Work®, Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. From ground-breaking software to support our world-class platform Ticketmaster, to our mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, to our unparalleled roster of artists supported by diverse professionals in all facets of corporate operations, we offer a world of opportunity and an array of careers across every discipline.
We recognize that our most important assets are our employees, the rock stars who keep the live experience going. Generous vacation, healthcare, and retirement benefits are just some of the great perks we offer to support our full-time, global workforce of more than 21,000. For any stage in your career, our many unique benefit programs are designed to help you live life to the fullest. We offer student loan repayment to support recent grads, six months of paid caregiver leave to support new parents (plus a baby bonus to help with expenses), and tuition reimbursement to fuel your ongoing professional development and career growth. Plus, working for the world's largest live event and ticketing company means you'll have access to concerts, festivals, sports games, and other live events through our exclusive employee ticket concierge.
There is no bigger stage for your career. See what your future looks like at Live Nation Entertainment.