Watco Companies L.L.C. Yard Laborer- Great Bend, KS in KS, United States
Performs various manual tasks as a general laborer to assist in unloading trucks, railcars and upkeep of rail terminal facility. Fosters teamwork, positive work environment and overall safety of self and others.
PRIMARY JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
· The team member is responsible for the safe, efficient, reliable, and environmentally compliant operation of assigned area.
· Understanding and comprehension of duties and responsibilities.
· Must have valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
· The successful candidate will complete all required training.
· Follow written procedures for, loading and unloading of components.
· Inspect and note any component damage.
· Must be flexible to work afterhours and weekends as needed, be prepared to work in all types of weather.
· Must have reliable transportation and timely attendance.
· Must be able to perform all duties while wearing protective equipment to including foul weather gear, gloves, safety glasses and steel toed boots.
· Must be able to adhere to and comply with company policies, FRA and environmental regulations.
· Follow written and verbal directions to complete assigned tasks on schedule.
· Read, write, and communicate in English & understand basic math.
· Learn from directions, observations, and mistakes and apply procedures using good judgment.
· Working knowledge of Watco Safety and Operating principles
· Work independently or as part of a team and interact appropriately with others.
· Receive oral or written instructions from Supervisors.
· Follow the SOP for in gate and out gate procedures.
· Other duties as assign.
· Must have Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Work, Outlook).
· Must pass Drug Screening.