General Electric Sr Technical Product Manager - Demand Forecasting in Krakow, Poland
Role Summary:The role is to manage Demand Forecasting application - Oracle Demantra.
This position will work in lock-step with application or domain leaders acting as a product manager to create a clear strategic direction that will be delivered by the product development team. You will direct the team with a clear and descriptive set of requirements and deliver product features and functions by balancing customer need with business strategy, minimized defects, and technical debt.
Essential Responsibilities:All GE employees may be considered for this role. Candidates should note that this role will be in scope for the proposed transition of GE Biopharma to Danaher and will transfer to Danaher at close of this transaction.
This role is responsible for management of Oracle Demantra used for demand forecasting and S&OP process.
Your priority is seamless integration and alignment of perspectives from a broad set of stakeholders including but not limited to: Business Users, Process Owners, Enterprise Architects, Application Managers, Development teams and Technical Architects.
In this role, you will:
• Work with cross-functional (process, design, build, test) teams to deliver features and products
• Engage technical support to ensure application stability and availability
• Own the short-term product roadmap and it’s integration into a larger application or strategic roadmap
• Engage continuously with customers and stakeholders to understand their business goals and motivating factors
• Demonstrate ability to influence customers and product managers through credible knowledge and experience, persuasion and influencing skills
• Lead customer and stakeholder interviews to align product design with roles (personas)
• Own the product backlog; continuously groom and ensure that an agreed scope is always ready to move into development
• Lead the product development team; facilitate discussions, provide clarification, story acceptance and refinement, testing and validation; owner of functional or technical product design
• Understand and follow the proscribed governance process and development methodology for product development
• Translate unstructured or ambiguous requests into actionable user stories and work units through problem decomposition and planning
• Demonstrate substantial experience with the technology stack and its impact on the final product
Qualifications/Requirements:Bachelor's Degree. A minimum 4 years of professional experience.
Characteristics - Technical Expertise:
• Strong technical expertise in the underlying design and architecture of Oracle eBS, Oracle VCP, Demantra or other ERP-class software with Supply Chain Management capability
• Ability to complex write queries using Oracle SQL
• Strong Business Analysis skills and ability to translate requirements to enterprise software features
• Experience leading teams in a formal software development life cycle environment following a formal project management and governance process
• Familiarity with waterfall and iterative software implementation approaches
• Experience in areas such as APIs, data transfer, scalability, and security
• Familiarity with tools supporting software development such as Jira, Rally, Aris, MS Project, SmartSheet, LoadRunner, etc.
Characteristics - Business Acumen:
• Experience in the area demand forecasting/ Supply Chain Management
• Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technologies and approaches to solving problems
• Skilled in breaking down problems and estimating efforts
• Has the ability to propose, analyze impact and recommend appropriate technology choices
• Skilled in negotiation to align stakeholders and communicate a single synthesized perspective to the product development team. Balances value propositions from competing stakeholders.
• Demonstrates awareness of the competitive environment and it’s impact on the product
• Demonstrates knowledge of technologies in the market to actively participate in buy vs build recommendations, drive market timing decisions and scope of MVPs
Characteristics - Leadership:
• Ability to take ownership of medium sized or incompletely defined tasks
• Delivers while mentoring and helping junior team members
• Ensures understanding of issues and presents clear rationale. Able to speak to mutual needs and win-win solutions. Uses two-way communication to influence outcomes and ongoing results
• Identifies misalignment with goals, objectives and work direction against the organizational strategy. Makes suggestions to course correct or escalates appropriately
• Continuously measures deliverables of self and team against commitments. Effectively balances multiple, different and/or competing objectives
Characteristics - Personal Attributes:
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Effective team building and problem solving abilities
• Persists to completion, especially in the face of overwhelming odds and setbacks.
• Pushes self for results; pushes others for results through team spirit and exhibiting role model behavior
Desired Characteristics:The ideal candidate for this position would have deep technical knowledge of Oracle Demantra, with experience of development of technical enhancements to that module, managing its worksheets and adjusting it to the business requirements. Additional desired characteristics include familiarity with Oracle eBS (especially VCP modules), knowledge of Oracle SQL and PL/SQL, knowledge of principles and rules of statistical forecasting.
• Legal authorization to work in Poland is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
• Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
• Working office is located in Kraków, Poland.
• Working from another location in Poland is also an option.
• Some travelling might be required (usually no more than 5% of time)
About Us:GE Healthcare IT is uniquely positioned to deliver integrated care solutions—and we are investing $2 billion in software to create and enable technology that improves the way healthcare is delivered to patients globally. GE can fuse its 130 year track record of revolutionizing healthcare with tomorrow’s technology to stay ahead of constantly evolving healthcare needs. We are one of the only global companies with a broad portfolio of medical devices, software, services, consulting, integration and financing capabilities that can be applied across new integrated care delivery models.
Our vision is to deliver the next generation of IT performance breakthroughs for health systems caregivers and the patients they serve. Both patients and providers need more consistent, higher quality outcomes, and GE Healthcare IT is helping drive this transformation across the industry. By accelerating workflows, streamlining processes, and improving analytics capabilities, we liberate and create new value from the data captured by software and technology—giving our customers the tools they need to help drive better outcomes and giving patients a more informed and proactive healthcare experience.
Our mission is to be the market leader in integrated care solutions.Additional Locations:Poland;Krakow;
- General Electric Jobs