General Electric Sr Software Engineer (SQL, C#, Telerik) in Krakow, Poland
Role Summary:GE Healthcare is looking for a Software Engineer to further develop the next generation of solutions for our valued internal customers who utilize the internal tool, eSecurity Governance (eSG). A subset of the eSG data is shared with credentialed customers via a secure Portal. Overall, the Software Engineer is responsible for programing a component, feature and/or feature set.
Essential Responsibilities:The Software Engineer works independently and contributes to the immediate team and to other teams across business, as well as actively contributes to design discussions. In addition, this Software Engineer is a technical leader who thrives on addressing real-world problems, organized for multiple initiatives at the same time, and exhibits flexibility to work with team members in different time zones.
The confidentiality, integrity, availability and accessibility of GE Healthcare's data and systems are of
paramount importance to our business. The Software Engineer works with GE Healthcare teams and potentially contractors to develop and deliver timely and complete planned upgrades to eSG.
As a Software Engineer, you will possess the following core competencies:
• Expert in writing code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project.
• Skilled in core data structures and algorithms and implements them using appropriate chosen language.
• Ability to take ownership of small and medium sized tasks and deliver while mentoring and helping team members.
• Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts.
• Helps drive pair programming practices and code reviews across the team.
• Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems.
• Has the ability to analyze impact of technology choices.
• Promotes transparency by proactively sharing design choices with appropriate audiences, with the appropriate level of detail and timeliness.
• Demonstrates expert understanding of functional and nonfunctional requirements and their priority within the backlog.
• Be regarded as an expert in Agile Methodology; estimates efforts to complete, actions user stories and documents timely outcomes including associated tasks and defects in agile project management systems such as Rally, Confluence or the like.
• Prioritize continuously in accordance with the understanding and validation of customer requests and needs.
• Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
• Be compliant with the GE Healthcare Secure Development process.
Qualifications/Requirements:• Bachelor's Degree, preferably in a relevant field (e.g. Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Security) or in a STEM major (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math)
• Professional software development experience using SQL Server, Redgate SQL tools, Microsoft Visual Studio, Microsoft .NET C#, and JS Libraries.
• Experience working in geographically distributed teams.
• Must be willing to travel up to 10%.
• Must be willing to work out of a GE Healthcare office location.
Desired Characteristics:• Professional technical development experience, preferably with information security in product development.
• Experience with technical development experience using Tableau Reports.
• Experience with Telerick DevCraft or similar for UI design.
• Experience working with relational databases.
• Experience with test-driven development.
• Proficiency in software engineering tools.
• Ability to document requirements and specifications.
• Ability to develop and maintain baseline system and technical feature documentation.
• Strong organization and communication of complex information.
• Healthcare domain and medical device experience.
• Strong team player.
About Us:GE Healthcare is a leading global medical technology and digital solutions innovator, GE Healthcare enables clinicians to make faster, more informed decisions through intelligent devices, data analytics, applications and services, supported by its Edison intelligence platform. With over 100 years of healthcare industry experience and around 50,000 employees globally, the company operates at the center of an ecosystem working toward precision health, digitizing healthcare, helping drive productivity and improve outcomes for patients, providers, health systems and researchers around the world. Follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Insights , or visit our website www.gehealthcare.com for more information.Additional Locations:Poland;Krakow;
- General Electric Jobs