General Electric Data Engineer (Teradata) in Krakow, Poland
Role Summary:Build business intelligence solutions on simultaneous projects as part of GE Healthcare Data & Analytics team. Perform hands-on development specializing in Teradata.
All GE employees may be considered for this role. Candidates should note that this role will be in scope for the proposed transition of GE Biopharma to Danaher and will transfer to Danaher at close of this transaction.
Essential Responsibilities:•Assist in integrating development deliverables into project plans
•Deliver as per project plans to create reporting solutions
•Coordinate with deployment and support teams to ensure the solutions get implemented into QA and production environments
•Responsible analysis, testing, debugging, documentation standards, file design, storage, and interfacing
•Maintains peer relationships across IT areas (infrastructure, operations, COEs, etc) to support effective implementations
•Applies standard development procedures and a detailed applications knowledge in area of responsibility to create technical designs driving towards simple, sustainable, and reusable solutions
Qualifications/Requirements:• Prior experience with SQL or other query languages
• Prior experience with Teradata
• Experience in Business Intelligence technologies: Teradata or ETL or ELT or Data Lake or Qlik or OBIEE other front end reporting technologies.
• Full system development life cycle hands-on experience: analysis, designing, coding, testing,performance tuning and documentation
• Ability to explain issues and resolutions to technical and non-technical staff
• Previous IT programs development or design experience
• Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related technical discipline or equivalent
• Ability to execute multiple projects simultaneously
Desired Characteristics:•Excellent written and verbal communication skills
•Analytic, creative and business focused problem solver
•Ability to execute multiple projects simultaneously
•Ability to explain issues and resolutions to technical and non-technical staff
•Previous IT programs development or design experience
About Us:GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.comAdditional Locations:Poland;Krakow;
- General Electric Jobs