HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse (RN) - Medical Unit in Kingwood, Texas
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Registered Nurse in the Medical Unit at HCA Houston Healthcare Kingwood!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
_ _ HCA Houston Healthcare Kingwood – Kingwood, Texas * * Registered Nurse (RN) – Medical Unit
HCA Houston Healthcare Kingwood is a 439-bed acute care facility that has provided quality care to the Lake Houston area for over 25 years. It is home to the area’s only comprehensive cardiac, neuroscience and women services programs. Our Women & Children’s Center provides Level II and III neonatal intensive care units, high-risk obstetrics, a breast diagnostic center, a designated pediatric unit, and the area’s only pediatric emergency department.
HCA Houston Healthcare Kingwood is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas. Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center.
* * What you will do in this role:
- The Medical Unit registered Nurse is responsible for the coordination and care delivery to the assigned patients in order to provide high quality patient care and services.
- Patient ages range from adult to geriatric. The registered nurse functions as an extension of the charge nurse and the unit supervisor to ensure a professional level of care is maintained.
- The registered nurse is responsible for the delegation of those patient care tasks that fall within the scope of care for LVNs and PCAs on the unit.
- The registered nurse has a primary function in the development of a plan of care for the patients and the provision of educational needs for patients, families, and significant others.
- The registered nurse maintains a high level of competency in the provision of nursing care for patients served.
What qualifications you will need:
- Graduate from an accredited school of Nursing, BSN preferred
- One (1) or more years recent clinical experience as a RN preferred.
- Current RN licensure by Texas Board of Nursing or a Board of Nursing from a compact state.
- Current BLS from the American Heart Association
- Current ACLS from the American Heart Association preferred
- EKG/Dysrhythmia recognition preferred HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from the Talent Acquisition team. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Registered Nurse (RN) - Medical Unit
Location: Texas-Kingwood-HCA Houston Kingwood
Requisition ID: 03198-107703