Steadfast Management Company Part-Time Leasing Consultant - Villas of Kingwood in Kingwood, Texas
Job Description- Leasing Consultant
Job Summary: Provide direct assistance to management in the marketing, leasing, and administrative efforts of the community.
Reports to:Property Manager or Leasing Manager
Important Relationships:Maintain positive productive relationships with the community, industry professionals, suppliers, vendors, outside contractors servicing the community, site employees, members of the compliance and accounting departments, and with all residents and prospective residents, ensuring consistent application of Community Policies.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Uphold the Steadfast Core Values and Mission Statement.
- Greet, assist, and qualify prospective residents.
- Maintain a professional image and attitude at all times; observing the policies and procedures of Steadfast Companies when conducting business with residents and all related parties.
- Assist the Property Manager in all functions necessary to effectively operate the community.
- Maintain professional communication with residents, applicants, and other representatives.
- Prepare and maintain complete resident and general office files; keeping proper documentation at all times.
- Assist with compliance procedures as directed by Property Manager and Steadfast corporate office.
- Type business letters and memos using proper grammar and spelling.
- Assist Property Manager with weekly and monthly reports and analysis.
- Be aware of all relevant laws and agency regulations, including but not limited to fair housing, sexual harassment, disability accommodations, and landlord-tenant relationships as they apply to the policies and procedures of the company and the community.
Assist with special projects and administrative tasks as directed by management staff. MARKETING & LEASING
Assist Property Manager with leasing, marketing, and advertising preparation.
- Assist applicants by giving property tours, answering telephone calls, preparing application paperwork, and communicating leases and community policies.
- Exhibit strong demonstration and closing skills when showing prospective residents the community, models, “make ready” apartments, and amenities.
Understand the target market of your community by outlining marketing goals, preparing regular market surveys, keeping open lines of communication with surrounding communities, and assist management in aiming advertising and promotions. MAINTAIN THE PHYSICAL ASSET
Take maintenance service requests from residents and follow-up on service calls, keeping and filing all copies and related documentation.
- Assist with move-in and move-out procedures.
- Assist with supervision of all vacant apartment turnover procedures.
Assist with annual unit inspections. FINANCIAL REPORTING & CONTROLS
Assist management with the completion of required weekly and monthly reporting.
- Assist in the collection of all monies due to the Community (rents, damages, late fees, etc.) and the preparation of receipts.
- Assist in the daily banking procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Assist with special projects and assignments as needed.
Skills: Consistently demonstrate excellence in the following:
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task and meet various deadlines.
- Exceptional scheduling and organizational skills
- Computer literate, specifically MS Word, Excel (advanced level preferred) and Outlook for Windows
- Knowledge of Yardi Residential preferred.
- Knowledge of Initial and Interim Certifications and Mass Annual Recertifications may be required.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong decision-maker with ability to negotiate effectively
- Strong customer service skills.
- Positive “can-do” attitude, professionalism and a high level of enthusiasm.
- Must have the ability to stand and/or walk for long periods of time and climb stairs and ladders as necessary.
- Must have a valid local State Drivers License.
- Must have current automobile liability insurance.
- Must have the ability to safely drive a golf cart.
- Strong command of the English language both written and verbal.
- Team player with a strong work ethic and ability to interact with a variety of people and personality types.
- Ability to solve problems involving residents, equipment failure, and emergency situations while remaining calm, rational, and professional.
- Ability and willingness to substitute for any position when needed; from Property Manager to Porter.
- Goal oriented.
- Driven to further professional growth and education in the industry.
Physical & Mental Demands:
Must be physically and mentally able to perform all of the duties listed under Duties and Responsibilities, all of which are deemed "essential functions of the job." Employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. The position requiresmobility within the office, including movement from floor to floor. Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery such as a scanner and copy machine. Must be able to deal with the stress associated with a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment, including handling multiple tasks on a daily basis.]
This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position; and will be reviewed by Management periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as deemed necessary.
Business Unit: Steadfast Management
Title: Part-Time Leasing Consultant - Villas of Kingwood
Location: TX - Kingwood - Villas of Kingwood
Metro Area: Houston/Galveston/Brazoria
Postal Code: 77339
Functional Area: On-Site
Requisition Number: 468843
First Open Date: 06/13/2016