AdventHealth Registered Nurse - Progressive Care Unit - Days in Killeen, Texas
Registered Nurse – Progressive Care Unit
AdventHealth Central Texas
Location Address: 2201 S Clear Creek Rd., Killeen, TX 76549
Top Reasons to Work At AdventHealth Central Texas, Killeen, TX
Our care for patients extend to the spiritual level by praying with patients and families and providing on call, 24 hours, 7 days a week Chaplains for spiritual support.
Award winning facility with opportunities to grow both professionally and personally working with great individuals, part of a bigger team that continues to build a world-class culture where you become family.
Extraordinary benefits to include tuition reimbursement and on-campus classes.
Cost of living is 20 percent lower than the national average
Largest school district in the area, with more than 50 elementary, middle, high school, and specialized campuses to choose from
Surrounded close to Ft. Hood, Copperas Cove, to Belton and Lampasas with plenty of restaurants, shopping and other family fun events.
Miles of scenic trails and parks available for recreational activity
Full Time Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
· Provide care that is consistent with the hospital accountabilities, Standards of Practice and in support of the Nursing Service and patient care goals.
· Deliver patient centered nursing care using the SHARE principles to ensure high levels of patient satisfaction.
· Establishes a compassionate environment by providing physical, emotional and spiritual support to the patients and their families.
· Provides quality care by adhering to Standards of Practice, measuring health outcomes against patient centered goals.
· Maintain a safe and clean work environment by complying with policies and procedures, calling for assistance from healthcare support personnel when needed.
What You Will Need:
· Associate’s Degree in Nursing.
· Registered Nurse License to practice in the state of Texas or a Compact Registered Nurse License from a NCLA Compact State.
· BLS Certification by the American Heart Association.
· ACLS and/or PALS Certification by the American Heart Association. (preferred).
· Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (preferred).
· One (1) year Progressive Care level nursing experience (preferred).
The Registered Nurse – PGCU performs direct patient care activities that are developmental and age specific for the population served. The Registered Nurse performs a wide variety of job duties during their shifts; promotes and restores patients’ health by collaborating with physicians and multidisciplinary team members, completing the nursing process and the patients’ plans of care, providing emotional, physical and spiritual support to the patients and their families and supervising assigned team members. The Registered Nurse is under the supervision of the Nurse Manager and the assigned charge nurses. Actual roles and tasks may vary depending upon the unit or department assigned.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
· Frequent independent judgment.
· Must be able to handle clinical situations requiring use of sound professional judgment and critical-thinking skills. This includes clinical assessment, data, and patient response.
· The employee is responsible for providing quality patient care.
· Must be able to continuously prioritize multiple duties.
· Must be able to function in a calm and professional manner during stressful situations.
· Assessment, reassessment and critical-thinking skills must be utilized in dealing with changes in patient outcomes. Basic computer skills are required.
· General knowledge of professional nursing principles and techniques.
· General knowledge of the pharmacological process in the appropriate administration or delivery of medications.
· Skill to maintain effective working relationships with health professionals and others to create an environment that is conducive to carrying out the mission of the facility.
· Skill to communicate (verbal and written) effectively to direct the overall professional nursing services in a manner which encourages the open exchange of ideas and information.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
- AdventHealth Jobs