American Fast Freight, Inc. Warehouse Manager in Kapolei, Hawaii
Job Description Warehouse Manager
· Reporting to: Director of Operations
· Direct Reports: CDL A and CDL B Drivers, Warehouse Supervisors
· Location: Kapolei, HI
Core Objective: Manage and optimize the workflow of the Hawaiian Ocean Transport Terminal in a manner that maximizes resources for optimal return on asset investments as well as exceeds customer expectations.
Areas of Responsibility:
· Manages the driver and warehouse team as well as hauling relationships and key vendor partnerships and activities, maximizing assets and resources for optimization
· Manages general facility upkeep and cleaning regiment
· Develop, document, implement, and maintain policies and procedures centered around driving performance and efficiencies
· Develop and maintain benchmark analytics for daily operations that coincide with our budgeting and forecasts.
· Executes the hiring process for warehouse and driver departments, manages all policy and process adherence measures, as well as disciplinary action as needed and coaching opportunities
· Participates in division forecasts and the budgeting process in general as well as capital expenditure requests
· Ensure workflow plan meets all customer requirements and required delivery dates and is performed efficiently and safely
· Open and closes the facility, securing the alarm and troubleshooting and alarming faults.
· Investigates and resolves matters of significance on behalf of the company; leads investigations for complex inquiries, works closely with our Claims department imitating programs to reduce claims exposure
· Schedules the workforce (warehouse as well as drivers)
· Maintain the appropriate equipment types and quantities to ensure customer needs are met (flat-racks, empty containers)
· Manages and participates in the scheduling process of all movements to customers
· Ensure all incoming freight is offered to our customer base within 48 hours of availability, should they choose to receive it later, ensure storage charges are invoiced for any shipments offered, but not yet scheduled, 5 days after it became available. Maintain our company service standard that all we are to attempt to schedule all deliveries within 48 hours of availability.
· Process and manage the weekly freight on the floor process, ensuring any errors have been corrected within 24 hours of receiving the freight on the floor report from the warehouse supervisor(s).
· Schedules equipment maintenance and upkeep
· Provides feedback to the Director of Operations from customers such as loading preferences, concerns, or compliments
· Other duties as directed by the Director of Operations.
Preferred Credentials: A minimum of 2 years supervisory or management experience