Honeywell Sr Engineering Support Specialist in Kansas City, Missouri
Sr Engineering Support Specialist
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
At Honeywell, our people are driven by a desire to contribute, be challenged and grow. Our people make Honeywell a special company and are a key competitive advantage. Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address some of the world’s toughest technical challenges, with more than 130,000 employees worldwide, including more than 20,000 engineers and scientists.
Honeywell’s Federal Manufacturing & Technologies business manages the U. S. Department of Energy’s Kansas City National Security Campus in Missouri and New Mexico, manufacturing sophisticated mechanical, electronic and engineered-material components for our nation's defense system. Honeywell is on the leading edge of supplying engineering and manufacturing expertise for our nation's defense and national security.
This position performs a full range of complex engineering support assignments requiring significant knowledge of manufacturing, business and project management processes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- This position requires the ability to work independently at a high level on complex engineering support tasks in alignment with business strategies/tactics:
- Identifies and pursues improvement opportunities, develops revised processes, and performs updates and/or maintenance to existing MES factory instructions.
- Create new MES routings. Adhere to factory instruction standards as defined in Command Media.
- Facilitate reviews with other parties such as Production Control, Quality Engineering, Inspection, Product Engineering and Operations before final release to minimize subsequent changes.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to work instructions.
- Interpret design definitions and suggests improvements for function, manufacturability, and cost.
- Facilitate reviews with process and quality engineering and production operations.
- Create production or inspection tool orders, obtains engineering concurrence, and manages the procurement process and schedules.
- Assess utilization of capital equipment in assigned area(s), provides recommendations for improved utilization, and conducts annual inventory and reporting as required.
- Creates documentation for engineering concurrence supporting cost management, generation of Cost Price Estimates (CPEs), risk assessments, and management/tracking against cost and schedule requirements.
- Review and revise related manufacturing, process or inspection documents.
- Add, revise and work with the Addendum Index as necessary or directed.
- Create and conduct training and documenting training for shop floor or inspection workforce.
- Mentors Engineering Support Specialist I and II peers.
- Work with Configuration Management to ensure drawing and specification change information is documented appropriately into factory instructions.
- Maintain ownership of tools to be used for creating or viewing factory instruction and factory instruction related aids, such as CD players, digital and video cameras, etc.
- Lead role in coordinating, establishing and performing production readiness reviews.
- Create, maintain and generate project files in the format and manner as required including project tracking, quad charts. Generate and maintain project plans and performs monitoring and control of baseline changes.
- Helps create, maintain and assess quality documentation required for product acceptance. This includes Addendum Index (NX), DPMO, BOM, Non-Conformance Reports (NCR), Corrective Action Requests (CAR), Purchased Product Definition (PPD), Purchased Order Quality Requirements (POQR), Laboratory Test Requests (LTR), Pentagon S (/S/) requirement maps and any other required documentation.
- Assist Engineers
- Other work as required.
Conduct activities in a safe and healthy manner and works in accordance with established Health Safety & Environment requirements to ensure the protection of employees, the public, and the environment. Takes actions necessary to stop work when an unsafe condition or action is identified. Every employee has the right and responsibility to stop work when unsafe conditions or actions are identified.
20 Assist Engineers
20 Review and revise related manufacturing, process or inspection documents.
20 Interfacing w/ internal and external customers
20 Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to work instructions.
20 Other duties as assigned
* YOU MUST HAVE *
- Five (5) or more years' work experience in an engineering/manufacturing environment, to include experience required in engineering related administrative/technical support activities such as configuration management, financial reporting, product testing procedures & data entry.
- Bachelor's Degree in technical or business field.
- US Citizenship needed to obtain and maintain required US Dept. of Energy "Q"-level security clearance.
* WE VALUE *
- Proven ability in decision making, organization & problem solving.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office Applications.
- Experience working in Enhanced Need-To-Know environment.
- Demonstrated history of gathering, analyzing and reporting technical data.
- Experience interpreting design definitions and translating into manufacturing processes may be required.
Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.Exempt Honeywell FM&T Overview
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: req189792
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 14520 Botts Road, Kansas City, MO 64147 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
For more information on how we process your information in the job application process, please refer to Recruitment Privacy Notice .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.
- Honeywell Jobs