H&R Block HR Specialist- Tax(State desk) in Kansas City, Missouri
HR Specialist- Tax(State desk)
Processing of tax payments and tax returns as required by law. Will also assist with various payroll tax duties, audits and tasks as required to ensure compliance has been achieved. Provides exceptional customer service by handling manager and associate inquiries, requests, and concerns via phone, email, live chat, and/or written correspondence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Reconciles payroll tax accounts for withholding, unemployment and other tax types as required by law.
• File state/local payroll tax returns online via state/local agency websites where available.
• Process amendments for state and local agencies.
• Work tax notices from state and local agencies to resolve issues.
• Process tax payments through Master Tax tax payment system.
• Responds to questions from associates with respect to hr and/or payroll programs. Researches questions and communicates information to program participants. Coordinates with subject matter experts to resolve more complex issues.
• Effectively utilizes and maintains hr and payroll systems which may include databases or software programs such as People Soft / Master Tax.
• Compiles, tracks, analyzes and summarizes data for human resources and payroll programs and processes.
• May compile payroll data; enter data into payroll system; review wages computed and correct errors to ensure accuracy of payroll.
• Process required corrections to associate records or paychecks.
• Monitors and tracks multiple projects; monitors timelines and deliverables.
• Works with vendors to maintain and administer hr processes. Monitors and maintains vendor relationships; works with vendor to troubleshoot issues and challenges.
• Creates and constantly improves administrative processes.
• Works on special projects.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Associates degree in Business or other related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Understanding of payroll laws and payroll tax requirements/compliance
• Intermediate proficiency in MS Outlook, Word and Excel.
• Ability to convert files to/from Excel/CSV
• Effective demonstration of the H&R Block Block Behaviors (core competencies)
• Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to work independently with a high degree of accuracy, thoroughness, and professionalism.
• Ability to prioritize work in a fast paced and constantly changing environment.
• Ability to complete projects by deadlines and communicate progress.
• High level of integrity and ability to maintain strict confidentiality of information handled.
• Demonstrated orientation toward quality and client-focused behavior.
• Ability to interpret and apply complex instructions, policies, and regulation.
Corporate Job Categories:
One H&R Block Way