Weyerhaeuser Mechanic 3 or Better in Kalispell, Montana
Weyerhaeuser is seeking individuals who are committed to safety, have a positive attitude, excellent work ethic and a desire to work in a manufacturing facility. Weyerhaeuser’s Montana Wood Products is currently looking for a Mechanic 3 or better to join our Kalispell Plywood facility.
At Weyerhaeuser, we offer positions with on-the-job training, continued growth potential and a career limited only by you. We continually strive to develop and promote talent from within while offering stable employment with excellent pay and benefits. Our manufacturing facilities are highly automated and utilize many leading-edge technologies in the wood products industry.
- Support manufacturing by maximizing equipment uptime and provide support for facility equipment and rolling stock (including vehicles, forklifts and specialized heavy equipment) in a safe manner, while contributing to corporate, plant, and departmental goals.
- Work with a team of Mechanics, Millwrights and Electricians to troubleshoot and repair complex mechanical and electrical problems and perform preventative maintenance on facility equipment and rolling stock. These repairs include but are not limited to gasoline, propane, and diesel engine repair; hydraulic, electrical, suspension, transmission, brake and air system repairs; and basic cutting and welding.
- Perform inspections, and diagnosis of facility equipment and rolling stock, by utilizing a variety of devices including an electrical technician diagnosis system.
- Conduct safety checks on facility equipment and rolling stock. Read repair orders and perform necessary tasks to successfully complete the repair of facility equipment and rolling stock.
Complete required documentation utilizing preventative maintenance software program to track preventative maintenance, repairs, parts usage, and time allocation.
High School Diploma or GED equivalent is required
- Bachelor's or Associates in Diesel Technology or related field is preferred.
- Formalized/technical training and/or equivalent education/training is preferred.
- Three (3) or more years of experience and/or equivalent education/training is required.
- Experience in an industrial setting is preferred
Specific Skills * Knowledge and proficiency in gasoline, propane, and diesel mechanics. * Knowledge and troubleshooting of complex mechanical and electrical repair of facility equipment and rolling stock, including but not limited to vehicle, forklift and heavy equipment. * Must own complete set of hand tools up to an inch and a quarter. * Qualified and proficient in cutting and welding; basic fabrication skills. Certified welder preferred, but not required. * Knowledge and experience in computer skills including Outlook, Excel, Word, web-based applications including the internet, and preventative maintenance application. Knowledge and experience using computer-based diagnostics systems. Ability to read and comprehend service and technical information. * Knowledge and ability to use Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS). Show proficiency in Job Safety Analysis (JSA) and OSHA standards. * Ability to work closely with supervisors and other departments; be a team player/leader; good communication skills and demonstrate positive attitude. * Willingness to work any shift, work overtime and weekends. * Maintain a clean work station, and exhibit good performance, safety and attendance records. About Weyerhaeuser We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference. We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
/Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans./
Job: *Operations, Manufacturing, & Construction
Title: Mechanic 3 or Better
Requisition ID: 01013126