Wyndham Destinations Assistant Housekeeping Manager - Kona Coast Resort in Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
Assistant Housekeeping Manager (video)
Assist the Housekeeping Manager in all operations of the Housekeeping Department while supporting budgetary controls; promoting the highest level of Guest and Owner satisfaction through housekeeping excellence, special projects and duties assigned.
Essential Job Functions
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Maintain Positive Customer and Associate Relationships: Assist the Housekeeping Manager with hiring, training, motivating, recognizing; coach and develop Housekeeping associates through implementation of incentives and training plans; support Housekeeping manager in an effort to ensure proper staffing and scheduling for maximum productivity; assist in controlling payroll costs to achieve maximum profitability; communicate priorities to staff through daily and weekly meetings (35% time)
2. Supports Audit Standards: Holds hourly staff accountable to the Quality Assurance (QA) process; Ensures departmental compliance with Quality Assurance, Loss Prevention and safety standards procedures (30% time)
3. Administrative Duties: Responsible for inventory, purchasing, completing weekly and monthly cleans report and assisting with tracking financials (15% time)
4. Maintain Cleanliness Standards: Participate in daily operations including cleaning and inspecting of units to maintain standards (10% time)
5. Reporting Problems: Identifies and reports maintenance related problems. (5% time)
6. Performs other duties as needed. (5% time)
Wyndham Destinations believes in putting the world on vacation. Our global presence in 110 countries at more than 220 vacation ownership resorts and 4,300+ affiliated exchange properties distinguishes Wyndham Destinations as the world’s largest vacation ownership and exchange company, with North America’s largest professionally managed rental business. Every year 3.5 million families entrust us with their vacation dreams. As the world’s largest vacation company, Wyndham Destinations provides access to unlimited possibilities to inspire your next vacation – or your next career. Each year our team of 25,000 associates delivers great vacations to millions of families as they make memories of a lifetime. Learn how you can join us on your career journey by visiting careers.wyndhamdestinations.com at http://careers.wyndhamdestinations.com/ . Our world is your destination.
The Company makes every effort to ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals and abides by EEO and nondiscrimination provisions of all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
• Associate Degree preferred; High School diploma or equivalent training/experience required
b) Training requirements
• Valid driver’s license
• CPR certification preferred
c) Knowledge and skills
• Demonstrated ability to work under pressure
• Ability to coach, mentor, train and develop staff
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to accurately follow instructions, both verbally and written
• Ability to maintain confidential information
• Detail oriented
d) Technical Skills
• Working knowledge of various computer software programs
e) Job experience
• 3 years related housekeeping experience. 2+ years supervisory experience preferred. One to three years hospitality customer service experience
Unless there is a legal requirement, experience will be accepted for the education requirement.