BT Governance Professional in Ireland, United Kingdom
Governance Professional (103614)
UK Openreach Centre of Excellence
Our purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. We need you to help us do this.
Why this role matters
This role will put a structured process in place for the partner management team regarding documentation of key processes and ways of working. It will formulate the plan for storage of key documentation and the launch of a SharePoint site to be used internally and by parties looking to audit the processes and ways of working of the team. There will also be an element of writing up processes and dealing with stakeholders in order to gain buy in for the work being carried out, to put across that this is a worthwhile auditable piece of work rather than a tick box exercise.
What you'll be doing
• Conceiving and implementing a strategic partner governance model, ensuring it is set up, executed and documented to Openreach standards across all Partner Management teams.
• Working with each team within Partner Management to understand current documentation, processes and ways of working and designing an appropriate approach that provides a standardised view across the team and suppliers.
• Ensuring that all contractual governance requirements are met and that all terms of reference are covered.
• Designing the appropriate SharePoint structure for the team and ensuring that appropriate storage is made of key documentation and evidence in order to meet audit and claim requirements.
• Supporting the documentation of key processes within the Partner Management team, to ensure solid record keeping and auditability around decision making.
• Supporting the Business Continuity function and be second in line for silver command as additional backup for Band D manager in the team, holding regular testing of supplier collapse and crisis policy.
• Assisting Partner Assurance Regional leads in the procurement and roll out of a SRM software system alongside Partner Assurance Transformation and ensure risks and issues are identified and minimised/eradicated.
We'll also need to see these on your CV
• Ability to document complex and inter related processes and issues
• Ability to build a document management policy for the Partner Management team regarding storage of documented processes (including use of SharePoint as a storage repository)
• Streamline processes and influence continuous improvements
• Great people and stakeholder manager/influencer
• Ability to provide clarity in ambiguity (strong presentation of processes, ideas and concepts
Why choose us?
Openreach is Britain’s digital network business. We’re a wholly owned and independently governed subsidiary of the BT Group. We’re over 30,000 people who connect homes, mobile phone masts, schools, shops, banks, hospitals, libraries, broadcasters, governments and businesses - large and small - to the world.
Our mission is to build the best possible network, with the highest quality service, making sure that everyone in Britain can be connected. We work on behalf of more than 590 communications providers like SKY, TalkTalk, Vodafone, and BT, and our fibre broadband network is the biggest in the UK, passing more 27.4 million premises. We’re also the platform for Britain’s thriving digital economy, which is the largest in the G20. We have an ambitious plan to deliver the better service, broader coverage and faster speeds that our customers are demanding of us. We continue to make superfast broadband speeds available to thousands of homes and businesses every week and we’re now embarking on the next big infrastructure build of our generation. We’ll be building ultrafast Fibre to the Premises technology to three million premises by the end of 2020, and we have an ambition to reach 10 million by the mid-2020’s under the right conditions.
Openreach remains an important part of BT but being more independent and treating customers equally is how Openreach contributes to the success of the Group.
We value different perspectives, skills and experiences. Diversity makes sense for us, our customers and our ambitions. We’re creating an inclusive working culture where people from all backgrounds can succeed. That’s why we welcome applications from all parts of the community.
Job: Business services
Title: Governance Professional
Location: GBR %26 Ireland
Requisition ID: 103614