General Electric Sr Software Engineer in Hyderabad, India
Role Summary:You will be responsible for programing a component, feature and or feature set. Works independently and contributes to the immediate team and to other teams across business. You will also contribute to design discussions.
Essential Responsibilities:• Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts.
• Ability to take ownership of small and medium sized tasks and deliver while mentoring and helping team members.
• Has the ability to analyze impact of technology choices.
• Helps drive pair programming practices and code reviews across the team.
• Demonstrates awareness or product positioning and key differentiation.
• Expert in writing code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the
technology selected for the project.
• Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems.
• Skilled in core data structures and algorithms and implements them using appropriate chosen language.
• Promotes transparency by proactively sharing design choices with appropriate audiences, with the appropriate level of detail and timeliness.
• Demonstrates expert understanding of functional and nonfunctional requirements and their priority within the backlog.
Qualifications/Requirements:• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• A minimum of 6 years of professional experience
Desired Characteristics:Technical Expertise:
• Strong knowledge of OOD/OOP software design patterns and principles
• Strong knowledge of Programming Languages, Primarily C, C++, VC++ MFC, along with COM, STL and data structures.
• Strong SCADA Protocols knowledge like Modbus, DF1, IEC 101/104, DNP3, OPA DA, • OPC UA and protocol Driver development experience
• Good experience in debugging SCADA protocol communication related issues using tools like wireshark.
• Good experience in simulating protocol issues with simulators
• Good experience is using the protocol tools and simulators
• Good experience in debugging tools like WinDbg.
• Experience in writing unit tests using nUnits, Google Test Framework and other methodologies for Test Automation Framework.
• Hands on experience with SDLC and software development methodologies, including
Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Product Security, TDD/BDD etc.
• Experience of working on Multi-threaded applications is a must.
• Exposure to Web Technologies would be an added advantage
• Demonstrates awareness about competitors and industry trends
• Has the ability to analyze impact of technology choices
• Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems
• Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts
• Dedication to implementing functionality with quality
• Strong problem solving abilities
• High energy, results driven person with strong interpersonal skills
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with more senior co-workers and leadership with confidence and clarity
• Ability to takes ownership of small and medium sized tasks and deliver while mentoring and helping team members
• Ensures understanding of issues and presents clear rationale. Able to speak to mutual needs and win-win solutions. Uses two-way communication to influence outcomes and ongoing results
• Identifies mis-alignments with goals, objectives, and work direction against the organizational strategy. Makes suggestions to course correct
• Continuously measures deliverable of self and team against scheduled commitments. Effectively balances different, competing objectives
Highly self-motivated individual with positive attitude
Strong oral and written communication skills
Strong interpersonal skills
Effective team building and problem solving abilities
Persists to completion, especially in the face of overwhelming odds and setbacks. Pushes self for results; pushes others for results through team spirit
Experience working with Agile software development methodologies (Scrum, XP)
Able to clearly articulate and document software designs
About Us:GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.comAdditional Locations:India;Hyderabad;
- General Electric Jobs