General Electric Sr DevOps Engineer in Hyderabad, India
Role Summary:Responsible for designing highly complex modules, critical components or a whole application/product in its entirety. Has the vision to integrate it across multiple systems. Works independently and is seen as a technical leader. Is responsible for driving the design and development efforts related to architecture, scalability, availability and performance in alignment with the product/application roadmap.
Essential Responsibilities:In this role, you will:
• Provide support for production and Dev environments
• Work with Internal Teams and Customer Service teams to resolve escalations
• Be available to respond to service availability issues and resolve them round the clock in a timely manner
• Develop appropriate operational and support documentation to ensure faster problem resolution
• Proactively identify application problem areas and assist in resolving them in collaboration with product engineering, Product Manager, Customers and DevOps team.
• Assist information security teams to ensure the production infrastructure remains secure.
• Ensure compliance of production infrastructure with information security requirements
• Technically mentor junior employees within the function.
• Work and drive the implementation and enhancement of monitoring requirements
• Work on setup new Virtual Private Clouds (VPCs)
• Experience in Jenkin CI/CD automation tool
• Experience Ansible/Chef
Qualifications/Requirements:• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) OR Master’s degree in “STEM” Majors with 8 years of experience
• Production Operations support experience preferably with a cloud services provider
• Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
Desired Characteristics:Technical Expertise
• Prior experience in designing large complex systems capable of handling millions of data
• Experience in designing auto-scaling systems and achieving optimal resource utilization
• Hands-on experience with SDLC and software development methodologies, including Agile, CI, Software Security, TDD/BDD etc.
• Participates in technical and business discussions relative to future architecture direction aligning with business goals.
• Gathers and analyzes data and develops design requirements at project level, aligning requirements with software development strategy.
• Reviews exceptions and makes recommendations to architectural standards at a domain level.
• Able to work under minimal supervision
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with senior leadership with confidence and clarity
• Able to work well with global teams, including time-zone flexibility
About Us:GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.comAdditional Locations:India;Hyderabad;
- General Electric Jobs