General Electric Software Engineering Specialist in Hyderabad, India
Role Summary:Responsible for designing, developing and testing GE’s pipeline software to create pipeline management products and services tailored to the needs of the Oil & Gas customers. Responsibilities include: working with Oil and Gas customers/operators to understand the functional specifications, design and deliver the software in the areas of communication protocols (like Modbus, OPC, BSAP, FischerROC etc.), SCADA applications, and pipeline management applications.
Essential Responsibilities:• Act as a member in Software Center of Excellence, representing the face of high-quality design and development practices
• Work on design and development of Oil & Gas SCADA pipeline management software applications like communication protocols, SCADA applications, leakdetection, batch tracking, work order transactions, and training simulators.
• Work on full stack of development, engineering and customization of software and configuration.
• Work with Project managers, project engineers to build product features that work seamlessly in any environment with less manual interventions.
• Work with Project team and Quality team to develop acceptance test procedures and test the requirements to ensure high quality deliverable.
• Work with customer support team to resolve software problem reported. Ensure high availability of Oil & Gas Software delivered to different customers.
• Provides input to technical lead on schedules and cost estimates.
• Interfaces with customers on general and specific issues within area of functional expertise.
• Provides support for proposals and demonstrations to potential customers.
Qualifications/Requirements:• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) plus at least three (3) years development or project delivery experience in related field or
• Master’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
Desired Characteristics:• Work and/or academic experience in the Oil & Gas SCADA systems development and project executions.
• Excellent programming skills in C/C++, Java or other related language, as required. Knowledge on scripting languages like Perl, python and SQL. Good understanding of database operations.
• Excellent knowledge of assigned technical area and a strong understanding of the SCADA software.
• Knowledge and experience with Oil & Gas utility industry practices
• Attitude to deliver on customer needs and commitments.
• Proven software design skills at the application and technical area level.
• Ability to see integration issues and to preclude schedule impacts.
• Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to write professional and technical reports and procedures. Ability to make formal and informal presentation to technical and non-technical staff and customers.
• Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
• Demonstrates a high degree of personal and professional integrity.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
• Ability to travel and work at customer site, based on the project demands.
About Us:GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.comAdditional Locations:India;Hyderabad;
- General Electric Jobs