General Electric Software Engineer in Hyderabad, India
Role Summary:Responsible for programing a feature and or a small feature set. Contributes to the team and works with direction from Senior Team Members or management, beginning to work independently.
Essential Responsibilities:• Has the ability to take ownership of small tasks and deliver without supervision while using their discretion to seek help when necessary.
• Demonstrate the ability to help team members through pair programming and code reviews.
• Demonstrates awareness about product positioning and differentiations.
• Has the ability to evaluate basic technology choices and articulate tradeoffs.
• Applies principles of SDLC and Lean/Agile/XP/TDD/CI/CD methodologies to deliver high quality, secured, and scalable software modules.
• Skilled in writing code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project.
• Skilled in core data structures and algorithms and implements them using language of choice
Qualifications/Requirements:• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• A minimum of 5 years of professional experience
• Experience developing enterprise applications with Java
Desired Characteristics:You must be a good Java developer. Experience with real-time data processing, JMS, kafka and Hibernate is highly desirable. Do you have excellent problem solving skills and can think outside the box – then join our team!
About Us:GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.comAdditional Locations:India;Hyderabad;
- General Electric Jobs