Microsoft Corporation Service Engineer 2 (Optical Engineer) in Hyderabad, India
The Optical Development Team is faced with the tremendous challenge of implementing exponential growth while maintaining near-perfect service availability. To achieve our goals, we focus on simplicity in the optical layer. As an Optical Engineer in the Optical Development Team, you will use your depth and experience to attack the complexity in the optical transport network. Leveraging our SDN tooling, and the experience of your teammates, you will design scalable network architecture, execute complex network migrations, and deliver Petabits of capacity across the globe. Your background in transport networking, ip networking, and network monitoring systems will be critical assets as we scale the Microsoft DWDM network.
• Collaborate with team members to design and implement a scalable network architecture
• Design complex hardware and network migrations
• Collaborate with partner development teams to integrate network hardware into existing Azure tooling
• Support the optical network in dev/ops model
Skills & Qualifications :
• Self-starter with expertise in networking, scripting, and automation.
• Experience with Optical Network Architecture, Network Engineering, and Operations
• Knowledge of DWDM,OTN and IP fundamentals along with a basic understanding of IP networking MPLS, BGP, ISIS, and OSPF.
• Excellent communication skills and a strong history of impact through collaboration.
• Working knowledge of optical transmission and optical network management systems.
• Experience managing and troubleshooting network.
Basic Qualifications :
• 4-5 years of experience as a Network Engineer required. Acceptable related experience includes: Optical Transport Design Engineering, Transport Operations, Transport lab environment, etc.
• MS or BS in Computer Science, Optical Communications, or Electrical Engineering
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.