Mentor, A Siemens Business R&D SW Engineer - LMTS - 6568 in Hyderabad, India
R&D SW Engineer - LMTS - 6568
Company: Mentor Graphics
Job Title: Lead Member Technical Staff - 6568
Job Location: India - Hyderabad
Job Category: R&D/Software Engineering
- Development, maintenance and testing of software emulation-related products, including development of accurate C/C++ models of CPUs and typical devices that make up a modern day System-on-Chip (SoC).
- Acquire and maintain knowledge of our current tools, languages, and processes as deemed necessary to support design, implementation, and release of current and future software products and features
- Bringing up of the latest versions of Linux and Android software on SoC models, development of Verilog test benches and integrating the SoC models with the rest of the HW descriptions of the customer’s product
- Participate in product development projects including specifications, design, scheduling, code reviews and inspections, implementation, testing, documentation and product maintenance, so that schedules and releases are predictable and measurable against project objectives and goals
- Independently test, benchmark and fix product issues and extend and maintain our products’ functionality as needed
- Interface with other developers and teams as needed to understand and manage interdependencies of project tasks, products and flow integration issues
- B.Tech or M.Tech in CSE from Tier-I colleges
- 5+ years of experience in software development withC, C++ on Linux environment
- Experiencein Linux Kernel development, Android internals and bringing up of boards with experience in programming with an assembly language.
- Development of high performance functional models of CPUs and other devices.
- Good analytical, problem solving and debugging skillswith exposure to product development life cycle
- Good understanding ofdata structures, Algorithms and OS internals.
- Knowledge of CPU/Processor Architecture
- Familiarity with scripting languages like awk, perl, tcl, python
- Self-motivated and able to work independently. Good communication skills to work with management, colleagues and other teams
- Would be great to have:
- Knowledge of/exposure to assembly languages, ARM processors’ architecture, Verilog, SystemC and functional verification tools like ModelSim
- Exposure to Simulation/Emulation environments or Experience with FPGA based platforms