Bechtel Corporation Senior Process Engineer - Petrochemicals in Houston, Texas
Requisition ID: 220087
Career growth opportunities available to self-motivated, high performing Chemical Engineers seeking technical/leadership challenges in the process design of Gas, Oil and PetroChemical projects.
1. Lead Process Engineering teams through different phases of engineering work.
2. Plan, schedule, and coordinate Process Engineering activities, and approve deliverables.
3. Thorough knowledge of: relief calculation methodologies and industry codes and standards applicable to pressure relief design, application of complex chemical engineering principals, and development and use of simulation programs.
4. Manage formal studies and technical briefing with customers, suppliers and other departments/disciplines. Present design issues and options to customers and suppliers.
5. Coordinate deliverables from licensors, other disciplines, and suppliers during the execution of the project to ensure that process intent has been adequately incorporated into the facility design.
6. Lead conceptual studies, designs, reports or proposals.
7. Identify issues (problems, value improvement opportunities) and help clarify areas of complexity during all phases of the engineering design work.
JOB RELATED QUALIFICATIONS:
BS Degree in Chemical Engineering required. EIT/PE registration preferred.
Minimum 20 years of experience in process engineering with E&C and/or operating company.
Demonstrated experience in supervisory roles and leadership positions.
Work experience in petrochemical and/or polymer plant design or operations.
Knowledge and/or design experience for one or more of the following units:
2-Ethyl Hexyl Acrylate
Glacial Acrylic Acid
- Oral and written communication skills required for presentations and reports
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
www.bechtel.com at https://www.bechtel.com/
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
- Bechtel Corporation Jobs