Microsoft Corporation Product Advisor - Nationwide Opportunities - Part-Time and Full-Time in Houston, Texas
Our Product Advisors, also known as talented story-tellers, passionate evangelists and Microsoft-brand ambassadors, are the face of Microsoft. Through providing world-class customer service, our Product Advisors help our customers to see what is possible with technology, ultimately empowering them to achieve more.
Microsoft Store is the public face of Microsoft, where every individual, community and business can directly experience all that's possible with Microsoft, and we’re looking for the best and brightest talent to tell our story. Are you interested in a career where you can inspire customers and make an impact while building lifelong skills? If so, we’re the place for you! Help connect customers with their passions to achieve more, through our physical and digital retail properties. Microsoft Store includes jobs in physical retail locations, digital property teams and corporate locations.
This role exists across the United States and is not location specific.
• A work environment that is diverse, inclusive, and welcoming of all
• Training that will make you feel empowered to do your best work even if you aren’t a tech expert
• Career opportunities for all our employees
• Fantastic, comprehensive and competitive benefits for full-time and part-time employees
• Gratitude & recognition for our awesome employees
• Belief that at Microsoft #WeWinAsATeam
• Help customers discover, buy, use, and love Microsoft technology solutions and services that meets and exceeds their individual expectations
• Illuminate product offerings and cross platform ecosystem integration through in-store experiences and learning engagements that build on increased utilization with devices customers own and love
• Effectively respond to changing in-store environment, circumstances, and situations through customer engagements
• Have a level of intuitiveness to thrive in a dynamic and fast paced retail environment
Drive for Results
• Tenaciously pursues positive outcomes by using effective approaches to solve problems
• Takes responsibility in delivering on commitments and seeks positive results that benefit customers, both externally and internally
Influencing for Impact
• Continuously maintain product knowledge by learning through others along with self-educating, showcasing product and service offerings building on our #WeWinAsATeam culture
• Possesses the ability to persuade positive business outcomes through in-store interactions with customers and team mates’
• Feel empowered to engage with peers, store leaders, corporate and field team members in the development of innovative ways to make a larger impact in our customers lives
• Combines resources and joins efforts with teammates to achieve store and company goals
• 1 year of relevant experience in total (e.g. customer service, retail, reception, clerical/administrative, volunteer work, internship(s), etc.)
• Valid authorization to work in the U.S. is required; no visa sponsorship is available for this position.
• Experience in selling consumer electronics or technology solutions
• Proven success in metrics-driven, consultative sales environment
• Previous technology/product/software teaching or training experience
• Microsoft certifications OR experience/education in technology/IT
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form at https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.