HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Pharmacy Technician II PRN in Houston, Texas
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking aPharmacy Technicianto join our family. Come be a part of the change!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity. _HCA Houston Healthcare Medical Center – Houston, TX_
HCA Houston Healthcare Medical Center is a444-bedacute care hospital in the heart of Houston’s museum district. Established in 1975, the hospital has been serving Houston for more than 40 years. It provides a wide range of medical services, including cardiology, bariatrics, orthopedics, neurology, emergency care and more.
The hospital is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas. Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center .
What you will do in this role:
- Under the direct supervision of registered pharmacist the Pharmacy Technician has the primary responsibility in the areas of medication receiving, preparing, compounding, dispensing and delivery.
- The position also requires the compounding of intravenous solutions, maintenance of floor stock, entering patient charges into the computer, and maintaining the required disposition records for all pharmaceuticals.
- Effective communication skills with all individuals both inter and intra-departmental, to ensure effective completion of all tasks within the department.
- Maintains PAR levels for departmental supplies and orders when needed.
Education * Texas State registration required. * IV Certification
What qualifications you will need:
- Previous hospital pharmacy experience preferred
- ACPE/ASHP certification or has completed a recognized course in an accredited college of pharmacy or a course sponsored by an ACPE in sterile product preparation is required.
- basic computer skills required.
- CPhT certification required.
- Texas State registration required.
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Pharmacy & Pharmacy Tech
Title: Pharmacy Technician II PRN
Location: Texas-Houston-HCA Houston Medical Center
Requisition ID: 26925-107981