HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Manager Neonatal ICU in Houston, Texas
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking aNurse Manager - NICUto join our family. Come be a part of the change!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity. _ _ _The Woman’s Hospital of Texas__–__Houston, TX_
_Nurse Manager (RN) – Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)_
Since 1976, The Woman’s Hospital of Texas has been the state’s premier facility dedicated to the health and well-being of women, newborns and children. The hospital’s397 bedsoffers expertise and outstanding care in breast health, imaging, gynecology, obstetrics, high-risk pregnancy, neonatology, minimally-invasive surgery and pediatric care.
The Woman’s Hospital of Texas is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas. Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center.
The Woman’s Hospital of Texasis currently looking for aNurse Manager (RN) – Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU). * *
What you will do in this role:
- Under the supervision of the NICU Department director and the Chief of the Neonatology group is responsible and accountable for the planning and implementation of patient management as specified.
- Will serve as a liaison to physicians, nurse practitioners, nursing staff, families and ancillary services or consultants of the hospital.
- Collaborates with physicians or their designee to plan and implement discharge process with nursing staff and families.
- Evaluates collaborative care of patients to promote continuity of neonatal care between medical, nursing, and ancillary disciplines and reports observations to medical or management staff as needed.
- Facilitates coordination of care of the compromised neonate among all disciplines providing care.
- Utilizes communication skills effectively in working with parents, physicians, and personnel
- Fulfills the duty and responsibility to maintain competence and to continue personal and professional growth.
- Participates in establishing, maintaining, and improving patient’s health care goals through patient assessment, planning and implementation of nursing interventions and evaluation of patient outcomes.
- Identifies and assists with opportunities for performance improvement activities on the unit and with other service areas.
- Accurately and completely documents all aspects of care given.
- Demonstrates fiscal responsibility by taking ownership of time management, decreasing waste (of time and supplies) and promoting cost effectiveness.
- Demonstrates the ability to be an advocate for and strive to protect the health, safety and rights of the patient.
- Interactions with patients and colleagues demonstrate compassion and respect for the inherent dignity, worth, and uniqueness of every individual, unrestricted by considerations of social or economic status or cultural beliefs.
- Communicate effectively with other care providers (physicians, nurses, business office, and medical records) to provide for continuity of patient care and to meet the needs of the customers we serve.
- Demonstrates ability to fulfill requirements of attendance, punctuality, and timekeeping practices.
- Behaviors and interactions demonstrate a positive attitude, personal initiative and motivation to achieve the goals of the unit.
- To uphold the standards of the profession and organization and practice ethically and with integrity.
- Other duties as assigned
What qualifications you will need:
- BSN required
- Current RN license in Texas
- BCLS certified required
- Medication Learning Modules
- Certification in specialty area preferred
- Unit specific clinical experience preferred
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Directors & Managers
Title: Manager Neonatal ICU
Location: Texas-Houston-The Woman%27s Hospital of Texas- Houston
Requisition ID: 00162-107099