JPMorgan Chase Commercial Banker/Treasury Associate (Government Specialty Industry) - Commercial Bank - Houston, TX in Houston, Texas
Commercial Banking delivers extensive industry knowledge, local expertise and seamless global capabilities to clients—including corporations, municipalities, financial institutions, real estate investors and owners, and not-for-profit organizations—with annual revenue generally ranging from $20 million to $2 billion. We offer a comprehensive set of financial products and services including credit, asset-based lending, real estate finance and treasury. We also provide clients with access to investment banking and asset management services.
Middle Market Banking & Specialized Industries
Middle Market Banking & Specialized Industries (MMBSI) is a Commercial Banking business located in 101 offices across the US and Canada. MMBSI provides credit, cash management, capital markets and corporate finance advisory solutions to corporations, municipalities and not-for-profit entities via our Core Banking or Specialized Industries teams. Core Banking teams generally focus on clients with annual revenues of $20 million to $500 million. Within our Specialized Industries practice, we have experts strategically focused on serving businesses within a variety of industry segments, including, but not limited to: Agribusiness, Government, Healthcare and Technology. In MMBSI, our competitive advantages include robust international capabilities, the ability to provide clients with access to world-class investment banking solutions and our focus on industry specialization. These key differentiators, combined with our dedication to personalized service, allow us to build long-term relationships with mid-sized businesses and a wide spectrum of municipalities and not-for-profit entities.
As a hybrid Banking and Treasury Associate, your primary goal is to contribute to new sales targets to achieve portfolio growth objectives by providing support to Bankers and Treasury Management Officers (TMOs).You will be held accountable for creation of briefing memos, account plans and Pitch Books, and also for ensuring coordination among Bankers, product partners, TMOs and other internal partners to develop client solutions. You will play an integral role in helping gain, manage and maintain client and prospect relationships.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Work with the Banker and/or TMO on client proposals
• Function as the lead on smaller accounts and as backup on larger clients
• Identify financial needs and treasury solutions and recommend appropriate products and services.
• Demonstrate superior knowledge of the market dynamics and its competitive landscape preferred
• Demonstrate ability to develop and retain new and profitable relationships in a highly competitive environment • Knowledge of unique structure and procurement process for Government/HHN clients and prospects
• • Ability to partner well i.e. develop and maintain solid positive & productive "internal relations" with product partners, credit executives, senior management, customer service, etc.
• Formal bank credit training program including Treasury solutions, cost/benefit analysis, pricing and profitability models, etc.
• Develop and understand competitors’ products and positioning within the client & market
• Work with Bankers and TMOs throughout the sales cycle to manage pipeline and ensure services and pricing are set up timely and accurately
• Coordinate with internal partners to ensure successful implementation, product ramp-up and accurate pricing/billing required
• Optimizes portfolio revenue opportunities and balance revenue growth (credit vs non-credit) across products and services • Identify opportunities to cross sell every relationship across the firm’s LOBs
• Execute sales coverage plan
• Conduct rigorous qualitative research to assist deal team with business development efforts and call preparation
• 3 to 6 years with above average performance results in a similar banking, treasury or credit/lending related experience
• Bachelor's degree, or equivalent
• Strong interest in working with experienced Banking and Treasury partners in order to recognize a client's cash flow needs and apply appropriate banking solutions
• Demonstrate the ability to understand Banking and Treasury Services products, pricing philosophy, and billing process and procedures
• Strong drive/ambition to develop into an individual contributor salesperson, Banker or TMO
• Excellent problem solving and strong leadership skills required
• Superior verbal and written communication skills with the ability to mobilize internal networks and resources
• Time management, organizational and planning skills with proven ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel and Word) and superior analytical and quantitative skills
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.