HCA, Hospital Corporation of America ARC - Social Worker/Clinical Specialist - Nights - Access Response Center in Houston, Texas
The Access Response Center (ARC) is a state of the art Behavioral Health clinical assessment and patient placement function that is located in Stafford, TX. The ARC clinical team is composed of Therapists, Social Workers, Counselors and Nurses who provide mental health assessments for patients of all ages located throughout the hospitals of the HCA Gulf Coast Division who may benefit from inpatient and outpatient psychiatric care. The wide variety of patient types that our clinical team assesses creates a dynamic and compelling experience for its professional staff. Further, the unique application of telehealth as the means through which assessments are conducted offer our team an experience with one of the most exciting advancements to contemporary clinical care. The ARC serves as a way to clinically assess and subsequently place patients into appropriate levels of care across multiple facilities using the innovation of telehealth. Professionals seeking an opportunity to apply their clinical assessment or patient placement skills within an environment that appreciates the emerging use of telehealth should find their work within the ARC a career choice that is fulfilling and rewarding.
Compensation Package for FT Employees Includes: *
Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance *
Paid Time Off *
401k with Corporate Matching Program *
Employee Stock Purchase Program *
...and so much more! *
Are you intrigued?
We eagerly await your inquiries!
Clinical Specialist *
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES – The Clinical Specialist coordinates the pre-admission assessment process and provides clinical assessments for potential patients. Also, assists with community education around clinical issues and participates with community events such as meetings related to access. The Intake Specialist responds to all calls for information, response of patients, and inquiries about services offered and assists callers with accessing the most appropriate level of service and service provider to meet the needs of the patient. This position works collaboratively with other Access Response Center team members to provide level of care assessments, expedite admissions and coordinate resources and information for the facility.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS:
· The Clinical Specialist will respond to all calls for psychiatry services, responding appropriately to the identified needs of the caller and patient. Patient calls will be prioritized based on the level of need of the patient. Working with other team members of the Access Response Center (ARC), will coordinate activities to assure accurate record keeping and efficient patient flow. Ensures EMTALA compliance at all times and reports any concerns to the Access Response Director immediately. · Coordinates communication related to all assessment and admission activities, ensures rapid throughput for the emergency department, requests additional resources when needed based on volume, and works with the medical staff to move patients to disposition quickly. · Responds to calls for assessments in the emergency department within 15 minutes and initiates the requested assessment as soon as possible and no later than 60 minutes from the initial request. Implements a backup procedure when the 60 minute time frame cannot be met due to heavy volume. · Responsible to document all calls coming in regardless the outcome in the approved format. Any staff member providing intake services will document all calls according to the procedure the Director of Access Response has in place. · For patients who are discharged, the Intake Specialist provides at least 3 appropriate in-network options and develops a discharge safety plan with the patient using the approved discharge safety form. · Works collaboratively with Behavioral Health Physician & Provider Relations (PPR) team to provide data, assure accurate response data management, and includes PPR team members in ARC team meetings as needed.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Completes assessments in a timely manner – 90 minutes or less on average o Chart review 15-20 minutes o Clinical interview 20-30 minutes o Documentation 20-30 minutes
- Provides input, suggestions and support appropriately
- Able to assess and reassess needs of patients
- Functions as independent consultant making treatment recommendations (Level of Care) in an emergent/crisis situation
- Provides on and off site level of care determination clinical assessments via telebehavioral health
- Works collaboratively with hospital departments to assist managing behavioral health level of care determination clinical assessments
- Provides behavioral health education to patients and families as needed
- Provides resources and support for patients
- Coordinates and participates with appropriate interested parties and physicians through the patient response inquiry, admission, treatment and discharge process
- Models and trains other behavioral health team members on managing and tracking inquiry calls
- Tracks and reports on all key indicators related to calls, assessment, admissions
- Ensures patient rights and confidentiality are maintained
- Provides input, suggestions and support appropriately
- Participates as an active member of the multidisciplinary team
- Completes additional duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Posses a thorough knowledge of current behavioral health concepts, principles and methods of treatment
- Requires extensive knowledge of psychiatric presentations across populations
- Competency regarding state specific regulations related to BH involuntary admissions for adults/minors
- Competency in all level of care criteria, e.g. Outpatient Treatment/IOP/PHP/acute care
- Possess good communication skills verbal and written
- Possess good organization skills and be able to act on multiple tasks
- Requires knowledge of community based services and has case management competencies
- Demonstrates knowledge and comfort in the utilization of various electronic computer based systems
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize
- Ability to follow established policy and procedures when performing job functions
- Ability to demonstrate good judgment
- Interacts and communicates with others in a way that promotes a positive and cooperative work environment
- Ability to channel concerns appropriately
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Counseling or related field.
- Prefer 1-3 years’ experience in a behavioral healthcare setting performing clinical assessments or in a clinical treatment setting for non-nurses.
- Licensed to perform clinical assessments to determine level of care needs and to diagnose according to the current version of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual is required.
- Must hold and maintain current licensure as a mental health professional, such as Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW), Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT)
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) and Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI)
Job: *Behavioral & Social Work
Title: ARC - Social Worker/Clinical Specialist - Nights - Access Response Center
Location: Texas-Houston-Gulf Coast Division Office
Requisition ID: 02660-98014