PSC Industrial Outsourcing of Michigan, LLC Operator I - Env Mgmt Prgm in Hollister, California
Without supervision, oversees and directs the work of small to medium size vacuum jobs at client’s site in accordance with client and business requirements and PSC policies, practices and procedures.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Heavy Equipment Operator
• May operate box truck.
• May transport other equipment such as a Bobcat.
• Labels, marks, and manifests shipments in accordance with applicable DOT regulations and PSC policies, practices and procedures.
• Loads shipment onto trucks appropriately and within DOT regulations.
• Interacts with customer regarding job status, client requirements, and assures customer satisfaction. Must report on and off times for jobs to client and PSC management.
• Operates vehicle safely at all times.
• Maintains a current driver’s license or CDL as required.
• Obtains a license for the state of residence within 90 days.
• Safely transports hazardous & non-hazardous waste while operating company vehicles.
• Completes a Pre and Post-trip vehicle inspection report to assure vehicles and equipment are safe to operate before leaving company premises.
• CDL drivers assure brake adjustment inspections are completed prior to use.
• Maintains a drivers log as required to ensure compliance with all regulations. Operates and maintains trucks and equipment per manufactures recommendations.
• Does not modify any vehicle or piece of equipment without written permission from the manufacturer and PSC management.
• Obeys all traffic laws and regulations when operating and driving company vehicle.
• Trained on the installation, operation, and repairs of mechanical devices such as pumps, valves, PTO’s etc.
• May troubleshoot equipment and make minor repairs as long as they have the knowledge to complete the task safely.
• Wears personal protective equipment as required by PSC, DOT, OSHA, and customer regulations.
• Trained on the proper use of all PPE required to do the work safely.
• Immediately reports all accidents, near misses, and injuries involving employee or others while operating company vehicles/equipment to the Safety Manager over the area.
• Recommends changes and improvements to safety and services based on job experience & observations.
• Verifies that the load, tools, equipment, and materials are secured properly before transporting begins.
• Answers calls at night and weekends as necessary.
• May be required to perform duties of a Technician and/or manual labor.
• Instructs, directs and assists crew in performance of job duties to complete work in accordance with client requirements and PSC policies, practices and procedures. Enforces PSC employee policies.
• Reads work order and ensures all required equipment is available and operational prior to starting job.
• Inspects equipment and general work area prior to starting any job. Corrects deficiencies that may cause accidents, injuries, lost productivity or harm to equipment or that are inconsistent with client’s requirements.
• Performs preventative and corrective maintenance on equipment when required.
• Completes all appropriate paperwork including service receipts, and submits to designated management representative.
• Trains Technicians I and II in equipment operation and service line processes.
• Operates all necessary equipment in service line (chemical, hydro-blasting, painting/blasting, asbestos and vacuum) in accordance with operation training and safety procedures.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
All required local training
Chemical Awareness & Application school
Working Knowledge of DOT CFR49,
Working knowledge of OSHA CFR29
Current 40 Hazoper
Asbestos 32 Hr certification
Lift 50 lbs
CDL with Class A or B
Compliance with MVR policy
Compliance with Drug policy
Compliance with Background checking policy
Compliance with DOT physical requirements
Possess BASIC Safety Council Reciprocal Card
Possess all required I-9 documentation
Must meet HazMat endorsement criteria
Must have tanker endorsement
JOB RELATED EXPERIENCE:
Efficient, effective and safe Operation of all vacuum equipment and tasks that make up service line job processes
DEMONSTRATED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Ability to conform to work hours
Operational knowledge of tools, equipment and tasks in job processes
Ability to complete all paperwork
Complete RHINO shift reports correctly at the end of every shift
On Call 24/7
Ability to report to work within one hour of receiving call to work.
Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
Title: Operator I - Env Mgmt Prgm
Requisition ID: 18001PU