CTG Industrial Engineer in Hickory, North Carolina
Title: Industrial Engineer
Job Number: 19204681 Description:
Plan, direct, and continually improve Lean Manufacturing initiatives at the site. Drive the implementation of Lean fundamental competencies (Value Stream Maps, Visual Performance Metrics, WPO, Kaizen, Work Standardization, Gemba Engagement) & transformational competencies (workplace design, inventory controls, capacity flexibility, flow smoothing, value add analysis, insignificant changeover) in order to continually improve performance in quality, cost, delivery, morale, & safety.
• Clearly communicate the Lean group’s philosophy, vision, & expectations.
• Deliver & improve the process of training and development of site employees regarding Lean concepts.
• Assist with development & implementation of a strategy for a self-sustaining Lean program including metrics that support lean manufacturing philosophy.
• Lead value stream mapping exercises to identify & document opportunities to improve the business (Current & Future State). Develop & execute project plans in order to achieve the Future State.
• Facilitate continuous improvement activities via Mini Kaizens, Kaizen Blitzes, DMAIC projects & through daily interaction with site employees. Facilitate leadership and others “going to Gemba” to truly understand and implement improvements.
• Develop & implement sustainable 5S, visual control, Load Smoothing, Single Minute Exchange of Die (SMED), Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), & other Lean programs.
• Facilitate the planning and implementation of workplace flow & layout, as well as equipment installations, modifications, and moves according to Lean concepts.
• Document work done & results achieved. Develop & update standards as changes are made. Ensure PDCA cycles are followed.
• Identify & horizontally deploy benchmark opportunities and develop partnerships with appropriate parties.
• Plan and achieve divisional budget objectives for expense and capital items.
• Lean program development
• Training of lean group, site, & divisional employees
• Layout of operations utilizing lean concepts
• Capacity models for operations
• VBA and Macro report development
• Integration of lean concepts into existing systems (eg job descriptions, objectives, training systems, technology development, supply chain)
EDUCATION AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
• BS degree in Engineering and/or equivalent experience.
• 3-5 years of manufacturing experience.
• Knowledge of manufacturing methods, systems, and production processes required.
• Excellent inter-personal and communication skills (written and verbal) required.
• Must be process/results oriented and have organizational and attention-to-detail abilities.
• Working knowledge of personal computers including (eg word processing, spreadsheet, AutoCAD, analysis of manufacturing data).
• Background/familiarity of Lean concepts preferred.
• Experience with process automation and/or automated guided vehicles (AGV) preferred.
CTG (NASDAQ: CTG) provides industry-specific IT services and solutions that address the business needs and challenges of clients in high-growth industries in North America and Western Europe. CTG also provides strategic staffing services for major technology companies and large corporations. Backed by more than 50 years of experience and proprietary methodologies, CTG has a proven track record of reliably delivering high-value, industry-specific staffing services and solutions to its clients. CTG has operations in North America, Western Europe, and India.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such, we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work in Healthcare company by Modern Healthcare (2013-2016) in North America, and a Best Workplace in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Job: Information Technology
- CTG Jobs