Amazon Arlington HQ Systems Development Engineer I in Herndon, Virginia
Do you enjoy helping U.S. Intelligence Community and Defense agencies implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve unique technical problems? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies and become a core part of the largest cloud infrastructure on the planet? Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a Systems Development Engineer I to support Kinesis.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for Systems Development Engineer to support RoboMaker, the first AWS service in the Robotics category that makes it easy for developers to develop, test, and deploy robotics applications using cloud services. RoboMaker extends the most widely used open-source robotics software framework, Robot Operating System (ROS), with connectivity to cloud services including machine learning services, monitoring services, and analytics services to enable a robot to stream data, navigate, communicate, comprehend, and learn. RoboMaker also provides an AWS Cloud9-based robotics development environment for application development, a robotics simulation service to accelerate application testing, and a fleet management service for remote application deployment, update, and management.
We're looking for a Systems Development Engineer to join our team in our Herndon, VA location. In this role, you will support RoboMaker engineering and operations. This will include identifying and resolving issues, automating repetitive processes, and working closely with development teams. You will dive deep into code and logs, drive prioritization of operational issues, and become intimate with the architecture of our systems.
· 1-2 years experience running and maintaining a 24x7 production environment
· 1-2 years of experience working with Linux/Unix systems
· 1-2 years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, C#, Python, or Ruby including object-oriented design
· This position requires that the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen and obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
· Position location: Herndon, VA
· Experience with system architecture and design
· Experience working on systems at scale
· Experience with continuous integration/continuous deployment methodologies
· Prior experience working within the robotics ecosystem.
· Experience with ROS (Robot Operating System)
· Ability to perform deep, technical troubleshooting
· Advance level documentation skills
· Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Information Science / Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.