Lockheed Martin Software Engineer (DevOps) in Herndon, Virginia
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
As a DevOps Software Engineer, you will be responsible for building tools and integrating new software to support the continuous deployment of a large scale system. You will become an expert on system operations and management, as well as provide support to algorithm development teams in order to operationalize their capabilities in a robust containerized environment. This is role provides the ability to integrate some of the newest technologies, as well as maintain and build them into operational capabilities.
Key responsibilities of this position are noted below:
- Maintain large scale DevOps pipeline to support development, test, and operational environments
- Integrate new commercial products and develop tools for improving build and deployment pipelines
- Design and create data-driven microservice architectures
- Support development teams in transitioning research capabilities into operational environment
- Research latest in DevOps capabilities
Typically has 2 - 5 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking. Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
• Exceptional programming skills (including several of the following languages: Python, C/C++, Java, R, SAS, Pig, Hive, Spark, MATLAB, SQL, etc.) with ability to transition between languages as needed
• Experience working with a DevOps pipeline
• Degree in computer science, mathematics, applied statistics, various engineering disciplines, or related STEM discipline
• Experience working and collaborating in a multi-disciplinary research team setting
• experience with COTS products (Kubernetes, Docker and Jenkins) and integrating them into a unified workflow
• Demonstrated history of building prototypes in rapid prototyping environment
• Experience working with product teams to integrate ideas or transfer technology into products
• Advanced degree in computer science, mathematics, applied statistics, various engineering disciplines, or related STEM discipline
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs