ManTech DevOps Engineer in Herndon, Virginia
Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Become an integral part of a diverse team in the Mission, Cyber and Intelligence Solutions (MCIS) Group. Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, mission oriented DevOps Engineer, in the Herndon, VA area, with strong Customer relationships. At ManTech, you will help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
The Innovative Security Solutions (ISS) Division provides cyber solutions to a wide range of Defense and Intelligence Community customers. This division consists of a team of technical leaders that deliver advanced technical solutions to government organizations. Our customers have high standards, are technically adept, and use our products daily to support their mission of protecting national security. Our contributions to our customer’s success is driving our growth.
The DevOps Engineer shall have extensive experience in software development, administering, and infrastructure maintenance of networked computer systems. A successful candidate will be familiar with agile development in support of continuous integration, testing, and delivery.
A qualified candidate will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities, but are not limited to:
Developing software tools that can be shared across projects for testing and reporting failures.
Maintains test environments to ensure sufficient coverage for all projects.
Work closely with multiple development teams to ensure quality testing practices are incorporated across the development cycle.
Involved in the preparation of Test Estimation, Test Strategy/Plan, Test Case execution and Defect report.
Security Clearance Requirement:
Must be a US citizen with the ability to obtain/maintain a Secret clearance is required. Active/current Secret clearance is highly preferred.
• Bachelor's degree, or equivalent, and 5+ years of devops experience.
• At least 2 years of experience with a modern test automation framework
• Solid communication skills - be able to explain concepts to both a technical and non-technical audience.
• Comfortable working from a Linux command line.
• Comfortable working with Virtual Machines and Docker containers.
• Strong knowledge of current backbone internet protocols (HTTP, TLS/SSL, SMTP, SOAP, JSON, etc.).
• Experience with Negative Testing.
• Work with minimal management supervision.
• Prioritizing simplicity and functionality over complexity.
• The desire to continuously grow your existing skillset.
• Experience with Agile development (scrum, sprints, continuous integration).
• Python3 coding skills, particularly pytest framework (or similar).
• System level troubleshooting using wireshark, tcpdump, or similar.
• Source control tools such as git or mercurial.
• UI automation tools such as Selenium.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.
- ManTech Jobs