ManTech Junior Network Security Engineer - HBSS in Hampton, Virginia
Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Under supervision, the Junior Network Security Engineer - HBSS will:
• Perform system security engineering and operations support of vulnerability management systems and host base security systems.
• Develop tactics, techniques and procedures using AF tools to improve the security posture of supported networks.
• Scan, track, record and report vulnerabilities using government provided tools.
• Utilize technical orders to perform assigned duties and make recommendations to improve standardized systems and their technical orders.
• Report and upload scan results to the DISA's Vulnerability Management System (VMS) tool, or its successor, on a monthly or as needed basis for Air Force Base's (AFB) to review and remediate.
• Perform trend analysis of vulnerability scan data to generate reports identifying the security posture of the base (i.e. deficiencies, history of repeats, etc.).
• Develop draft TOs, SOPs, checklists, guides, best practices and procedures for conducting vulnerability assessments.
• Automate procedures using scripts, Sequel (SQL)/database administration, or other available technology and report monthly repeat high vulnerabilities to the communications unit.
• Plan, conduct and report AF enterprise patch management, minimizing disruptions to operational customers.
• Validate compliance with AF security practices and respond to NetOps directives such as IAVAs, NOTAMs, TCNOs, TCTOs, CTOs, and MTOs.
• Deploy, manage, troubleshoot and provide technical solutions for the Host Base Security System (HBSS) agent and end point products for all AF clients.
• Conduct and manage HBSS operations for securing AF client systems to include scanning, patching and remediating AFIN devices and systems.
• Configure, monitor, operate, manage and maintain HBSS point products (Anti-Virus (AV), Host Intrusion Prevention System (HIPS), Policy Auditor, and Data Loss Prevention (DLP) products), Agent Handler, ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO), Super Agent Distributed Repository (SADR) servers, SQL management software, and all associated firewalls and server configurations.
• Develop draft TOs, SOPs, checklists, guides, best practices and procedures.
• Provide reports to bases to remediate expired AV signatures.
• Bring systems into compliance with security policies.
• Administer HBSS SQL databases.
• Use ePO, SADR servers, and the HBSS to scan, patch and remediate NIPRNet and SIPRNet devices and systems
• Take immediate action to avert suspected security intrusions or violations utilizing vulnerability management tools
• Distribute DLP reports to bases for resolution.
• Ensure compliance with approved security updates, patches, baselines, associated orders, and network defense directives for all AFIN infrastructure and devices to include testing, coordinating, implementing, tracking all AFIN infrastructure and devices.
• Work assigned shift (5 consecutive days, 8 hours each, 40 hours per week) and must be flexible to rotate to another shift if needed.
• Must be a U.S. Citizen with an Active DoD Secret Security clearance or higher.
• Must have an 8570 IAT II satisfying certification such as Security+ or higher.
• Requires 1-3 years of directly related experience.
• Must obtain an MCSA Server 2012 / 2016 certification within 90 days.
• Must obtain McAfee 201, 301 and 501 certifications
• HBSS MR5 Admin and Advanced certs
• MCSA Windows Server 2012 / 2016
• MCSA SQL Server 2012 / 2016
• Intel Security Product Specialist - Advanced Threat Detection
• ePolicy Orchestrator Admin
• Host Intrusion Prevention System Admin
• Data Loss Prevention Endpoint Admin
Ability to handle stress and work well under pressure, Ability to use MS Office, Ability to use PC, Analytical and Critical Thinking Skills, Interpersonal and People Skills, Listening Skills
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.
- ManTech Jobs