State of Georgia Human Resources Manager in Gwinnett, Georgia
Employment Terms: This job is a full time, benefited, FLSA Exempt - Administrative position in the Human Resources Division that reports to the Executive Director of Human Resources.
Salary: Up to $55,000 per year commensurate with education and experience.
• Knowledge of Human Resources best practices
• Knowledge of applicable laws such as FMLA, FLSA, ADA, etc.
• Knowledge of records retention practices
• Decision making and problem-solving skills
• Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public
• Oral and written communication skills
• Ability to supervise, advise, and mentor staff
• Master’s degree in Human Resources or related field
• Three or more years of experience in human resources with a concentration in benefits management, human capital management, and employee relations
• Documented experience administering FMLA and extended leave processes
• Full-time clerical level experience with responsibility for processing and
tracking health benefits, workers compensation, FMLA, unemployment claims,
and leave administration.
• Knowledge and experience using PeopleSoft or other similar human
resources information systems
• Experience in developing and delivering presentations
• Documented supervisor experience
• Must possess excellent knowledge and experience in the use of the Internet,
E-mail, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
*Job Description Summary: *
Gwinnett Technical College seeks a Human Resources Manager to manage and oversee the coordination and communication of benefits (health, flexible, leave etc.) for existing, new, and prospective employees. Involves extensive communication and interaction with employees and insurance and retirement plan providers. Manage and supervise HR representatives, and assist Executive Director of Human Resources with employee relations concerns as needed.
Job Responsibilities & Major Duties:
• Serves as subject matter expert or organization resource in assigned areas;
• Provides information about employee benefits for new hires and existing
employees, including flexible benefits, health benefits, and open enrollment;
• Coordinates and processes Flexible Benefits packages for new employees
and during open enrollment periods;
• Reviews and processes personnel and/or position transactions, including
coding for payroll, preparing separation notices;
• Oversees the record management function including maintenance, retention,
transfer, and disposition of personnel records and files;
• Assists with disciplinary actions;
• Interviews, hires, directs, trains, evaluates the performance of, and when
necessary, disciplines and discharges employees under supervision;
• Maintains files and records;
• Compiles quarterly and annual reports;
• Reviews and evaluates proposed or newly enacted state and federal laws
governing human resources administration and assists in ensuring
compliance; continuously educates self in legal compliance matters,
implements changes as needed to ensure compliance with state and federal
• Responds to inquiries about the technical college/system office and its
• Coordinates human resources processes such as employment, compliance,
benefits, transactions, leave, workers compensation, performance
evaluations, or payroll;
• Attends seminars, conferences, job-related training, and/or other staff
development training programs;
• Reads pertinent work-related information and materials (e.g., policy and
procedure revisions) as assigned;
• May serve on committees and task forces;
• Performs other duties as assigned in the fulfillment of the needs, philosophy,
and purpose of Gwinnett Technical College.
The Technical College System of Georgia and its constituent Technical Colleges do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, sex, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, genetic information, disabled veteran, veteran of the Vietnam Era, spouse of military member or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law). This nondiscrimination policy encompasses the operation of all technical college-administered programs, programs financed by the federal government including any Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Title I financed programs, educational programs and activities, including admissions, scholarships and loans, student life, and athletics. It also encompasses the recruitment and employment of personnel and contracting for goods and services.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in an area related to assignmentandTwo (2) years of full-time experience in a position directly related to the performance of the job Note: Experience may substitute for the degree on a year-for-year basis.
Job: *Human Resources
Organization: *Gwinnett Technical College
Title: Human Resources Manager
Requisition ID: HUM00Q2