L3 Technologies Vertex Aerospace LLC - Deputy Program Manager, KC-10 Program, Greensboro, NC in Greensboro, North Carolina
Vertex Aerospace LLC - Deputy Program Manager, KC-10 Program, Greensboro, NC
The Deputy Program Manager will report to the Program Manager. The primary mission of the Program is service, maintenance and test flight fixed wing aircraft. The position of Deputy Program Manager requires a combination of management ability, communication skills, and leadership qualities. The Deputy Program Manager is also required to be customer-oriented and understand Air Force Aviation program requirements.
Job responsibilities include:
-Serving as liaison with government representatives to coordinate all Program actions along with and serves as back up when PM is not available.
-Reviews and analyzes aircraft maintenance reports and statistical data to detect trends and problem areas.
-Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease cycle time, streamline work processes, improve part price and acquisition time lines (PMA) and works cooperatively and jointly to provide quality customer service.
-Serves as a member of senior management team, in formulating and establishing organizational policies and operating procedures for the company.
-Directs, coordinates, and manages all aspects of aircraft maintenance at assigned location.
-Provides leadership to the team through effective goal setting, delegation, and communication.
-Ensuring effective coordination and information flow between all program levels and functional managers.
- Ensuring technical projects and activities meet cost, schedule, and quality targets.
- Managing activities for Root Cause Analysis (RCA), Corrective Actions, and Risk Management.
-Tracking and analyzing program costs & scheduling, budget tracking and analysis.
- Managing staffing levels, technical needs, and surge requirements.
-Aligns goals of the field with the company’s goals, policies, and strategies.
-The Deputy Program Manager shall have the ability to meet constraints of time, cost and technical performance, while focusing on customers' needs through strong leadership, decision making, management, and communication skills.
-The Deputy Program Manager shall have recent knowledge of organizational processes, risk management, quality processes and quality management, schedule and cost control, basic contracting law, Federal Acquisition Regulations, Defense Acquisition Regulations, Air Force Federal Acquisition Regulations, Federal Aviation Regulations, and Defense Logistics Manual (DLAM 8210.1) and Air Force Aviation maintenance management.
-The Deputy Program Manager shall review, direct, and coordinate program actions in coordination with the PM.
- Must have at least fifteen (10) years maintenance management which should include 4 years in a Management role
- Five (5) years directly managing aircraft maintenance operations highly preferred.
- BA/BS degree plus 10 years experience in a managerial discipline and/or certification as a Program Management professional from either the Program Management Institute (PMI) OR Associate's plus 14 years related experience OR High School Diploma plus 18 years related experience
- It is highly desirable that the selected individual have an in-depth background in Air Force Aviation.
- It is highly desirable that the selected individual have experience managing and reporting a multi-million dollar P&L
- Professional verbal and written communication skills for interaction with executive decision makers, composing job descriptions, proposals, and presentations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a customer facing role and as a collaborative member of a diverse team
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DOD Security Clearance.
Job Program Management
Primary Location USA-North Carolina-Greensboro
US Security Clearance Required: Secret
Shift: Day - 1st
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Organization: Division - Vertex-20000074
Job Level: Manager
Job Posting: Dec 6, 2018, 9:08:05 AM
Req ID: 104051