American Express Vice President Engineering - Developer Infrastructure, Tooling & Relations in Greater London, United Kingdom
Make an impact on our business and the business world.
As the Vice President of Developer Infrastructure, Tooling & Relations, you will have the opportunity to build tools and infrastructure to solve real developer problems in a fast-paced exciting environment.
We follow the mantra, my other data center is my laptop.
At American Express, the Platforms and Frameworks teams are tasked with creating the next generation of technologies for us to forge into new markets with digital content, creating immersive experiences and products that become essential to our users.
Be it Webpack/ParcelJS/RollUp/NPM for FrontEnd frameworks, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, KNative you are needed to go into any technology stack and build tooling and experiences around it.
- Develop creative, innovative technical solutions that solve problems that developers face today.
- Gain credibility by working with Engineering and Product teams, as well as the broader developer community.
- Lead the developer relations group with a strong understanding of the frameworks ecosystem.
- Motivate and inspire the team as a leader, and guide the team to solve for complex technical problems in real-time.
- Be the face/voice of the American Express platform and ecosystem to both the technical and broader community. Attend and participate in public speaking events and conferences in order to gain credibility with a highly technical audience.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- University Degree in Computer Science Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Significant experience in managing a team of 50 people or more.
- Experience building large scalable Platforms.
- Deep understanding of developer strategy and platform needs.
- Ability to partner with senior leadership across engineering and product organizations.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
A competitive benefits offering designed to support our employees’ total health and wellbeing, including:
Health care scheme
Defined contribution pension plan
Core holiday allowance with opportunity to buy or sell additional days
Car Allowance/Company Car Option
A range of flexible benefits to choose from designed to suit your lifestyle: healthcare plan options, health assessments, critical illness coverage, cycle to work, season ticket loans
Employee Discount Portal
Back up childcare/adultcare
Onsite facilities include; Fitness classes, Health Checks, Digital Health Kiosk, Physiotherapy, Healthy Living Nurse, Wellness Studio, Costa Coffee and subsidised staff restaurant
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team email@example.com 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Title: Vice President Engineering - Developer Infrastructure, Tooling & Relations
Location: GBR-Greater London-London
Requisition ID: 18019538