SMG Head Carpenter DVP - Union in Grand Rapids, Michigan
TITLE: Head Carpenter -- Devos Place
REPORTS TO: Event Manager
Serves as crew chief for assigned events at DeVos Place from load in, through the event, and load out. Will be primary point of contact with clients, vendors, and building staff during events.
- Planning, coordination, and direction of all other IATSE House Heads and on-call IATSE employees.
- Complete and maintain accurate steward reports of employee hours and wages. These completed reports shall be forwarded to the SMG Event Coordinator, The SMG Payroll department, and The Union office.
- Maintain a strong working relationship with the primary A/V venders utilizing the facility.
- Provide accurate event, incident, and safety reports to the Event coordinators and Union office.
- Work with Event Coordinators, Clients and Vendors to plan and execute events at DeVos Place.
- Adhere to SMG attendance policies and procedures.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent customer service, organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline dependent environment.
- Broad working knowledge of sound, lighting, and A/v equipment.
- Proficiency with computers and e-mail, Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to accept and follow oral, written, and diagram instructions.
- Frequent work on nights and weekends.
- Must be able to lift 75 pounds and work on your feet for long periods of time without limitation.
Working conditions and wages shall be governed by a Collective Bargaining Agreement with I.A.T.S.E. Local 26.
Attendance will be required on calls in DeVos Performance Hall. Sick days and scheduled time off in accordance with SMG policy.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and encourages woman, minorities, individuals with dis abilities, and protected veterans to apply. VEVRRA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled