Lockheed Martin Sheet Metal Fabrication & Assembly - B / Grand Prairie, TX in Grand Prairie, Texas
Description: Lockheed Martin's Missiles and Fire Control business area is experiencing some substantial growth at our campus in Grand Prairie, TX.
From ultra-precision machining and additive manufacturing to the development and production of complex optical components and sophisticated electronic systems, Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control (MFC) utilizes the latest capabilities in manufacturing to produce some of the world's most advanced weapon and sensor technology.
Lockheed Martin is seeking a Sheet Metal Fabrication and Assembler B for a position in Grand Prairie.
- A variety of complex parts, details, and assemblies.
- Layout, fabricate, assemble, install and rework a wide variety of semi-complicated parts and assemblies for experimental, production, and prototype missile systems and other assemblies.
- Construct simple checking and holding fixtures and make simple templates and form blocks.
- Assemble semi-complicated assemblies, perform riveting and hand hammering and close tolerance drilling and reaming.
- Operate sheet metal equipment such as brakes, rolls and router and use hand tools as required. Fabricate special equipment as required. Assist Assembler Fabricator Expert or “A” on more difficult work including rigging operations, and straightening of shaft and beams.
- Maintain required paperwork. Keep own work area clean and orderly. Refer any problems to expert, leadman or foreman.
- Must have equivalent to a high school degree and one (1) to three (3) years experience.
Please consider joining our Missiles and Fire Control Advanced Manufacturing team and take a step toward solving complex challenges and changing the world at the same time.
Our Location: Grand Prairie is part of the “Mid-Cities” region in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex which is in the North Central region of Texas. Grand Prairie is a suburb of both Dallas and Fort Worth. The region offers a great cost of living combined with a robust economy and a pleasant climate. This North Central region of Texas is a great place to live and to raise a family. The Mid-Cities is the suburban region filling the thirty-mile span between Dallas and Fort Worth.
Ability to operate brake presses, shear and install rivets and sealant
Ability to read and interpret drawings using GDAT
Basic computer knowledge
Ability to operate water jet
Ability to operate CNC Punch
Experience with sintering processes
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs